*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the oceans wonders ceramic plugs when I buy them
Aren't those aragonite, I don't recall seeing ocean wonders ceramic plugs.

What does everyone use for plugs that is something I haven't figured out. I want black plugs like most of the vendors since it is supposed to cut down on algae on the plug, but those are hard to find in a ceramic.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like the oceans wonders ceramic plugs when I buy them
I almost remounted my frags today, had a lot of algae on them and opted to scraping and cleaning them.

Can't believe my tang didn't chow down on some of it though, it looked like Ulva sea lettuce. Rack may be to high up for it to notice it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nah frags are only meant for frag racks, it's even in the name!

All jokes aside my stems get clipped and glued/epoxied to the rocks from day one
Why do you glue the stems to the rocks? That's kinda weird.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What does everyone use for plugs that is something I haven't figured out. I want black plugs like most of the vendors since it is supposed to cut down on algae on the plug, but those are hard to find in a ceramic.
Oceans wonders has purple ceramic plugs but they are smaller

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's black
Screenshot_20230127_222352_Google.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I almost remounted my frags today, had a lot of algae on them and opted to scraping and cleaning them.

Can't believe my tang didn't chow down on some of it though, it looked like Ulva sea lettuce. Rack may be to high up for it to notice it.
Wish there was a tang equivalent for 32 gallon tanks. My starry blenny does decent eating things, but ulva isn't on the menu.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't usually cut the stems off. For gluing purposes it would be helpful.
I sold a lot of zoas for a while and trying to cut pieces off of the RA plugs was eventful. Arogonite was the easiest but they attracted a lot of algae..the ceramic Ocean Wonders were the best of both worlds

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't really like the view straight on...but the side view and that top angle view are dope
Thanks for the feedback. The back pillars are cemented and secure everything else upfront is not. I'm adding these rocks to an existing reef tank already. The idea is pillars with selves up top in the back then transition with arches to the front with shelves cascading.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sold a lot of zoas for a while and trying to cut pieces off of the RA plugs was eventful. Arogonite was the easiest but they attracted a lot of algae..the ceramic Ocean Wonders were the best of both worlds
I got mine for Christmas two years ago. I was in the process of trying to frag stuff in the 75, but the crash gave me a bunch of plugs back...

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought Reef Creators frag plugs on Amazon because they were supposed to be break away plugs. Hard to find the perfect ones.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. The back pillars are cemented and secure everything else upfront is not. I'm adding these rocks to an existing reef tank already. The idea is pillars with selves up top in the back then transition with arches to the front with shelves cascading.
Maybe just tweak the fronts a hair so its not 4 straight lines? Either way, The rock is set up perfect for growth...once the coral is growing on it the view will be totally different and it won't look like 4 straight lines.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back