SBB Corals-New Year! New Sale!- **Fresh 350 WYSIWYG Corals**- $1, $5 Corals- Prizes - Games! Insane 1st drop of the year!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

SBB " MIND ERASER" GONI XL​

sale still on for one more day message us for package deals and complete buyout.
click on the link below to buy and view our webpage
https://sbbcorals.com/product/sbb-mind-eraser-goni-xl/

1642521681646.png
I love the crazy color combinations on this one!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked one of those up and a bubblicious as well. I'm excited to see how they look in person.
I'm a little jealous. Those Bubblicious are probably my favorite looking Gonis but I'm scared to spend that much on a "difficult" coral. I've got these couple I'm going to be keeping an eye on and we'll see.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little jealous. Those Bubblicious are probably my favorite looking Gonis but I'm scared to spend that much on a "difficult" coral. I've got these couple I'm going to be keeping an eye on and we'll see.
Two of the 3 gonis from my last order are doing great though. The Cousin It still isn't happy from where I moved it, but was happy on the frag rack before moving it. I also assume they can't be any harder to keep alive than high end acros. As with any coral there is always some gamble.

Plus with the gift cards and insanely cheap prices I didn't pay hardly anything for them. Not including shipping my entire order was only around $70.

giphy - 2022-01-18T120403.103.gif

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Two of the 3 gonis from my last order are doing great though. The Cousin It still isn't happy from where I moved it, but was happy on the frag rack before moving it. I also assume they can't be any harder to keep alive than high end acros. As with any coral there is always some gamble.

Plus with the gift cards and insanely cheap prices I didn't pay hardly anything for them. Not including shipping my entire order was only around $70.

giphy - 2022-01-18T120403.103.gif
Yeah. Still, I have a hard time with High End acros also. I'm a monti guy. My Daisy Chain and the other fat head are doing good. The other two are not doing so well.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Still, I have a hard time with High End acros also. I'm a monti guy. My Daisy Chain and the other fat head are doing good. The other two are not doing so well.
Acros are predominantly what I have in my tank and I will occasionally have a piece rtn on me but overall I do fairly well (I've probably just cursed myself).

Hopefully your other two gonis will perk up at some point. Before my last SBB order I only had one goni in my tank and for a long time it never extended polyps to where I had nearly given up on it surviving, but it eventually turned around and now it's doing well.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve probably got more Acans than any other coral ATM. Working on my Acro collection. I’ve lost some to RTN and others STN. I have many doing fine but not a lot of growth. I hate admit it but I went 6+ months without using a filter last year.m in my main tank. Everything I had at the time did fine in the tank. Got filter up and running and I’ve been concentrating more on getting better water parameters. Just started buying acros the last few months.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went thru a lazy phase with my tank too. Around September 2020 i decided it was time to take it seriously again and since then I’ve been on track
Come On Please GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went thru a lazy phase with my tank too. Around September 2020 i decided it was time to take it seriously again and since then I’ve been on track
Come On Please GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Yep I went through a crazy busy time. I’m a residential contractor and I was finishing and closing on 2 homes at the same time personally moving. I’ve got 3 kids under 11 and hadn’t moved in 10 years prior. Let’s just say we accumulated a lot of stuff in 10 years including the 3 kids..lol
After the move my main tank turned into 5 tanks. Had the vacation bogey man strike and my ATO emptied on day 2 or 3 of my vacation. So when I got home my main tanks water had dropped over a 1/3. I had LR and corals exposed. My filter was shot and most of my power heads. I was just a little burnt out and decided to just let the tank go without a filter. I still did water changes. Everything did fine but now I’m slowly trying to get the nitrates down.

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 2 years, before I really had any corals in this tank, I came home one day to all of my fish dead. I was fed up with the hobby but luckily stopped myself before throwing something through the glass of the tank. I bet 125 gallons of water in my living room would look like a lot.

I then left the tank fallow for a long time just keeping up with making water for my AWC and emptying the skimmer. I realized that while it was fallow and I was leaving it alone the tank started to look better than it ever had before. It was then that I realized me messing with the tank seems to do more harm than good. There are a few pests I very actively remove if I spot, but otherwise I don't do too much with my tank. It does cause me to have a little algea issue now and then but nothing detrimental to the tank.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 2 years, before I really had any corals in this tank, I came home one day to all of my fish dead. I was fed up with the hobby but luckily stopped myself before throwing something through the glass of the tank. I bet 125 gallons of water in my living room would look like a lot.

I then left the tank fallow for a long time just keeping up with making water for my AWC and emptying the skimmer. I realized that while it was fallow and I was leaving it alone the tank started to look better than it ever had before. It was then that I realized me messing with the tank seems to do more harm than good. There are a few pests I very actively remove if I spot, but otherwise I don't do too much with my tank. It does cause me to have a little algea issue now and then but nothing detrimental to the tank.
Yep hands off approach is a good one. I’ve dosed Phyto for awhile but try not to put a lot in the tank. Since I accumulated a lot of corals with these sales I started dosing AB+ and trace minerals/vitamins. Also zoo plankton and marine snow. I think too many people dump too much stuff in their tank trying to get somewhere fast.
Gtinnel , sounds like you have a smart tank running…?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep hands off approach is a good one. I’ve dosed Phyto for awhile but try not to put a lot in the tank. Since I accumulated a lot of corals with these sales I started dosing AB+ and trace minerals/vitamins. Also zoo plankton and marine snow. I think too many people dump too much stuff in their tank trying to get somewhere fast.
Gtinnel , sounds like you have a smart tank running…?
I dose 2 part but my trident and dos basically do it without me needing to intervene. I have an AWC that changes about 2 g a day, so every 2 weeks I have to make a batch of saltwater. My ATO is completely automated. I empty my skimmer when needed and clean it occasionally.
I've recently started dosing trace elements, but I'm not even sure if it helps.
I've considered dosing phyto but I haven't decided yet.

Idk after listing it maybe I'm not as hands off as I'd like to think.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 2 part but my trident and dos basically do it without me needing to intervene. I have an AWC that changes about 2 g a day, so every 2 weeks I have to make a batch of saltwater. My ATO is completely automated. I empty my skimmer when needed and clean it occasionally.
I've recently started dosing trace elements, but I'm not even sure if it helps.
I've considered dosing phyto but I haven't decided yet.

Idk after listing it maybe I'm not as hands off as I'd like to think.
How big do you make your water changes? I have a AWC with my ATO but never used it. I ask because I’m thinking small daily water changes might be best for SPS

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big do you make your water changes? I have a AWC with my ATO but never used it. I ask because I’m thinking small daily water changes might be best for SPS
I change around 2 gallons a day on a roughly 140g system. Which is roughly 1.5% daily, my goal is to change out 10% per week. I just use an old masterflex pump plugged into a smart outlet for an AWC so it's nothing fancy but it works. I originally decided on an AWC in assumption that it will replenish minor and trace elements, but now I dose those anyway (I use the tropic marin A and K). Like many things in this hobby I just keep doing it because it's what I'm used to doing, I'm not honestly sure if it helps or not.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back