SBB Corals- Spring Bling! 400 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Got You Chill GIF

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Alrighty! Another question! All my euphyllia are opening more and more as the days go by. Except one of them. It’s a green branching hammer that is like fused together, one half is opened and the other half is sunken pretty much all the way in. Any ideas? Should I be worried? It came yesterday, also had some large flat worms on the skeleton and I removed those and dipped. It was all opened yesterday and this morning it looks unhappy. I don’t think I see any brown jelly disease although I’ve never had it so I wouldn’t know what to look for besides brown…

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the flesh is receding into the center of the skeleton. That’s never a good sign

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the flesh is receding into the center of the skeleton. That’s never a good sign
My other euphyllia was recessed when first introduced and opened up. This one is recessed but the color is gone… almost some brown patches.

I’m deathly afraid of brown jelly disease. This coral also had the most pests and stuff which was why it was a 10 dollar frag I’m guessing. I will toss it right now if it means my other corals are safe.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I move it to my other tank? My other tank has no corals except monti, gsp and Xenia. It can not spread to my others in my frag tank if it had something contagious

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the stalks of most euphellia you can see the flesh going downward. On the one in the picture it’s receded all the way to the center of the skeleton. Not sure if it has brown jelly or it just needs some tlc in a stable system. It’s a gamble either way

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the stalks of most euphellia you can see the flesh going downward. On the one in the picture it’s receded all the way to the center of the skeleton. Not sure if it has brown jelly or it just needs some tlc in a stable system. It’s a gamble either way
I had to move it, everything else is doing too good. Under the other light, it looks like brown is encrusting across the green recessed polyps…. This can’t be good. Yeah uhm never buying from them again. None of the stuff I got was nicely packaged or kept :/ the hammer I got from Shane is doing great, I just didn’t see a green one on this sale and I was impatient :/

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large flatworms are likely euphyllia eating flatworms. Lots of dips will kill the flatworms. I like Bayer insecticide for flatworms. Dips won’t kill the eggs though, so you should think about dipping once a week for about a month to eradicate the babies when they hatch. Here’s a thread with others detailing their experience;

For a $10 hammer that’s half dead, I’d probably trash it versus letting the flatworms spread to others euphyllia.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large flatworms are likely euphyllia eating flatworms. Lots of dips will kill the flatworms. I like Bayer insecticide for flatworms. Dips won’t kill the eggs though, so you should think about dipping once a week for about a month to eradicate the babies when they hatch. Here’s a thread with others detailing their experience;

For a $10 hammer that’s half dead, I’d probably trash it versus letting the flatworms spread to others euphyllia.
Wil do, I just hope if it’s brown jelly, I wasn’t too late and it didn’t spread

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many days for gonipora to extend? Mine are opened but just at the skeleton, sometimes I see them sneak a bit out and then I’ll come back and they are just opened again no extension

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How many days for gonipora to extend? Mine are opened but just at the skeleton, sometimes I see them sneak a bit out and then I’ll come back and they are just opened again no extension
Some of mine open all day every day, one of mine rarely has extension. Some Gonis reach for the sky while others are just tight and compact for some reason. Flow has been discussed as a possible reason, but all of mine are in a group and I can rearrange them and still the same ones stay open and the same ones stay tight.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine open all day every day, one of mine rarely has extension. Some Gonis reach for the sky while others are just tight and compact for some reason. Flow has been discussed as a possible reason, but all of mine are in a group and I can rearrange them and still the same ones stay open and the same ones stay tight.
Gotcha, mine aren’t in high flow, just enough to sway. My torches and hammers get a bit more

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Updated, the hammer fully died in a day pretty much. So I had an itch to see all the high end torches Shane has but the website only has sps, zoas, and mushrooms for viewing

Anyone got pics of skittles? Or anything else?
@Digitalfirex @Gtinnel

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back