SBB Corals- Spring Bling! 400 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dance Reaction GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So they’ve been growing good and now I remember what I did. When trying to get my cleaner shrimp out of my frag tank I hit the main polyp and it half way closed. I must’ve damaged it and a fungal infection took place. So I read that peroxide is nice and I had to go to work soon. So I did a dip and as of pictures from my girlfriend, the fungus is gone. Now it’s a dip every other day for 3 dips total. Then finish with an iodine dip (optional). That peroxide is scary though, looks like it bleached the whole zoa head. But most of that went away in the 4 hours since. Now it’s a waiting game :(
Well??? Any good news on this one?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been meaning to ask...what is the deal with the mortal combat themes and gifts? Or is it an inside thing?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have been meaning to ask...what is the deal with the mortal combat themes and gifts? Or is it an inside thing?
It's an inside thing. You're inside!!! Post Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Those and skateboard gifs are some of Shane's favorites!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's an inside thing. You're inside!!! Post Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Those and skateboard gifs are some of Shane's favorites!
Capcom basically. I think @Gtinnel prefers Konami, but they all work.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I know Tony Hawk. Not personally just know him.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, i was gonna wait until the new thread but a local guy gave me a bunch of stuff. Including this sps about a week ago. Whats crazy is i thought favia was easy to keep but mine bleached and i put it in low light to heal and all.

It looks like there is new polyps at the top, i just dont know what it is exactly. Doesnt look like what i saw was for sale during the last sbb live sale. Its also been in my tank for a week. So not long

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 63

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capcom basically. I think @Gtinnel prefers Konami, but they all work.
I got tired of all of the Street Fighter so I think I started posting Mortal Kombat gifs. I do not prefer Konami, it reminds me too much of work. Since I do like Mortal Kombat I guess I’d be more Midway. I rarely play games anymore but I seem to prefer ones from From Software.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, i was gonna wait until the new thread but a local guy gave me a bunch of stuff. Including this sps about a week ago. Whats crazy is i thought favia was easy to keep but mine bleached and i put it in low light to heal and all.

It looks like there is new polyps at the top, i just dont know what it is exactly. Doesnt look like what i saw was for sale during the last sbb live sale. Its also been in my tank for a week. So not long
Favia can be easy. The picture isn't Favia though. Also, Favia prefer fairly low light most of the time. Mine air in about half shade. I had one out in a little more light and it bleached. With that said, I have 4 or five other Favia in full light but down close to the sand bed that are doing quite well, but they're a different subspecies of Favia.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favia can be easy. The picture isn't Favia though. Also, Favia prefer fairly low light most of the time. Mine air in about half shade. I had one out in a little more light and it bleached. With that said, I have 4 or five other Favia in full light but down close to the sand bed that are doing quite well, but they're a different subspecies of Favia.
Sorry i got on a tangent, i wanted to know what sps that is? Birds nest? Im not sure im not familiar with it. Also i got favia from them as well as a freebie but it bleached in the light so i moved it else where

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry i got on a tangent, i wanted to know what sps that is? Birds nest? Im not sure im not familiar with it. Also i got favia from them as well as a freebie but it bleached in the light so i moved it else where
Looks potentially like a Montipora Digitata? I'm not super familiar with SPS but it is Montipora-ish... Doesn't look like a birdsnest. @Gtinnel @Utubereefer @Digitalfirex ? Monti or anacropora? Something else?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks potentially like a Montipora Digitata? I'm not super familiar with SPS but it is Montipora-ish... Doesn't look like a birdsnest. @Gtinnel @Utubereefer @Digitalfirex ? Monti or anacropora? Something else?
I like SPS but I’m not good at IDing them. I agree that at first I thought monti digi, but the polyps look too far apart for a monti (compared to the ones I’ve had at least). If I had to guess, (which again I’m not good at) I’d say you may be on to something with Anacropora.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No expert either but to me it looks like a bizarro or branching cyphastrea. If it's a bizarro it's very possible it's just encrusting over a dead acro... but the color and polyp size is what triggers that imo.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back