***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine is up high but pointing down off center but towards acros. I used to have a schedule like that but recently just went to the yellow mode on high variance all the time. Here’s where I’m at now. But I just bumped it up. Was at 15-40 percent range. Like I said I’m listening and I’m willing to try things so would love advice. I thought my LPS and softies were hating the flow but now I’m thinking it was the higher par and also maybe bumping mag up from 1300 to 1450 seems to have helped.

E8D55CE9-7538-472B-ABAF-0D8C35DE2939.png
That seems like the easy solution, but the acros really like pulse mode, so will the torch and hammers. I'd suggest throwing it in there for some of the schedule.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pottasium chrolide. We do it for the pods bristle and mini stars. We want them to get to you super clean with litrrrly nothing on it sterilized lol. The corals actually like it and most of the sps you will see has pe in the bags. The corals don't mind the dip right before shipping. They seem to like it actually
You can absolutely leave brittle stars and pods and bristleworms on my frags. But I appreciate the pre-ship dip nonetheless.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
You can absolutely leave brittle stars and pods and bristleworms on my frags. But I appreciate the pre-ship dip nonetheless.
I think they actually ship better with the dip blow off right before shipping it may kill any bad bacteria so it doesn't spread in the bag during shipping but this is just a theory

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can. I have a separate bag with any critters? I love brittle stars and pods, and I have no problem with a bristle worm or two.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they actually ship better with the dip blow off right before shipping it may kill any bad bacteria so it doesn't spread in the bag during shipping but this is just a theory
I definitely notice a difference in coral health at delivery time vs other vendors. No pests, Tenuis almost always have good PE and look very healthy. I do think this gives them a jump start on health in the tank even though I may kill them later on. I don’t see an acclimation period really with your acros. They have PE when I pull them out of the bag and they look settled in very quickly.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I definitely notice a difference in coral health at delivery time vs other vendors. No pests, Tenuis almost always have good PE and look very healthy. I do think this gives them a jump start on health in the tank even though I may kill them later on. I don’t see an acclimation period really with your acros. They have PE when I pull them out of the bag and they look settled in very quickly.
How's your tank.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your tank.
I’m at work currently so only got to glance at it as the lights were just starting to come on, but it was looking about the same. The hammer I KFC dipped yesterday looked like it had a little more extension than normal actually though, will see how it looks when I get home.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • None.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back