***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hard to get a good picture ha, but here's ours. I think it looks the same as yours? Has the little tassels on the bottom to show it's a male if I remember correctly.

20230601_115642.jpg
Not the tassels. Those little "hairs" on the side, if he has them between his tail and body I believe it's a male. But yes, same breed!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Luca said he would go with two Meso Blue Pro’s! One in front and one in back. I'll hit up hubby for early BD present
Order for your husband for a Father's Day present?

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upped the flow based on the discussions yesterd
IMG_1376.png
IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_1377.jpeg
IMG_1375.png

Flow levels look pretty low to me, if your SPS is doing okay then it sounds like you got it figured out, but I think I still need more flow and my flow is quite a bit stronger than yours currently is. Also running my Nero alot harder (up to 50% or so) in my tank and it’s alot smaller.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow levels look pretty low to me, if your SPS is doing okay then it sounds like you got it figured out, but I think I still need more flow and my flow is quite a bit stronger than yours currently is. Also running my Nero alot harder (up to 50% or so) in my tank and it’s alot smaller.
Well my main sps tank is going to be the nano. That being said I want to boost the levels a bit more, but I don’t want the torches to look like I’m shaking a mop.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think you need to run it that high on a 14g. I'd run it 40% max on yours, but definitely put in some pulse at 50%.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice! Customer service and superior products are always what I look for with price points as a bonus
Another question for you. The power supply is like a brick. How are you running it, on and off timer or an inline dimmer?

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need to run it that high on a 14g. I'd run it 40% max on yours, but definitely put in some pulse at 50%.
I’ll add some pulse in tonight. So what’s the thought process on the pulse? Are these jolts helping free up hard stuck detritus? Is it helping Tenuis polyps stay cleaner? Also about how much should I add? Once a day for a couple hours or an hour every 6 hours or something?

I’m reading through the high end Tenuis hoarder thread now and see that Shane has/had tons of flow settings all over the place to make sure the flow was never consistent.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll add some pulse in tonight. So what’s the thought process on the pulse? Are these jolts helping free up hard stuck detritus? Is it helping Tenuis polyps stay cleaner? Also about how much should I add? Once a day for a couple hours or an hour every 6 hours or something?

I’m reading through the high end Tenuis hoarder thread now and see that Shane has/had tons of flow settings all over the place to make sure the flow was never consistent.
All my flows are random.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back