***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
say hi hello GIF by Kim's Convenience

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
"Simple" LOL. I change water and add baking soda :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Lol, simple enough. The AFR is autodosed, adding phyto is just part of the feeding and I add neonitro at the same time because the return and skimmer are off. Mag once a week (because that is where it falls between water changes) isn't bad.

I wish fish added enough nitrates per coral, but just isn't doable in a 32 gallon. I already have lots of fish to be honest with 6 in there.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, simple enough. The AFR is autodosed, adding phyto is just part of the feeding and I add neonitro at the same time because the return and skimmer are off. Mag once a week (because that is where it falls between water changes) isn't bad.

I wish fish added enough nitrates per coral, but just isn't doable in a 32 gallon. I already have lots of fish to be honest with 6 in there.
Adding phyto is a daily thing for me as well now. I was surprised about the mag. I know I have a small tank but it only took 3 days to get it up from 1300 to 1500. I was doubling the dosage but I figured it would take a long time. It’s still over 1450 two weeks and two WC later without adding more.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can add more fish, just choose some cleaner gobies that are small or something. I have had up to 9 fish in a tank that size.4 larger and rest smaller.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can add more fish, just choose some cleaner gobies that are small or something. I have had up to 9 fish in a tank that size.4 larger and rest smaller.
I was thinking a cleaner goby since @tbrown3589 had mentioned adding a sharknose goby recently. I had 7 in that tank and moved the yellow watchman goby because the starry blenny was being a bully to it. I don't think the starry would care about cleaner gobies though, and I'm still debating putting the hector goby from the frag tank into the 32 gallon display.

I also have lots of inverts. I have two spotted porcelain crabs, two emeralds, maybe a boxer crab (haven't seen it in a bit), and one skunk cleaner shrimp. I doubt the sea lettuce slugs are in their, they disappeared day 2.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was thinking a cleaner goby since @tbrown3589 had mentioned adding a sharknose goby recently. I had 7 in that tank and moved the yellow watchman goby because the starry blenny was being a bully to it. I don't think the starry would care about cleaner gobies though, and I'm still debating putting the hector goby from the frag tank into the 32 gallon display.

I also have lots of inverts. I have two spotted porcelain crabs, two emeralds, maybe a boxer crab (haven't seen it in a bit), and one skunk cleaner shrimp. I doubt the sea lettuce slugs are in their, they disappeared day 2.
I also try to be conscious of fish living space. The clowns hang out together in the nem box top left, the six line evicted the Sapphire Damsel from her home in the center arc and she moved into a grove in the huge monti cap in the top right, the starry blenny has a hole drilled out into the rock in the center, but kind of moved on to sit in an empty little shroom box where I move that to. The mandarin goby doesn't have a home and just sleeps where ever on the floor.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also try to be conscious of fish living space. The clowns hang out together in the nem box top left, the six line evicted the Sapphire Damsel from her home in the center arc and she moved into a grove in the huge monti cap in the top right, the starry blenny has a hole drilled out into the rock in the center, but kind of moved on to sit in an empty little shroom box where I move that to. The mandarin goby doesn't have a home and just sleeps where ever on the floor.
Wouldnt worry about that mandarin, mine is always just peddling around, never has a true home.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Inverts I'm my opinion never really raised any sort of nitrates in my tanks. With that being said i have no proof.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt worry about that mandarin, mine is always just peddling around, never has a true home.
If your worried about having homes bangaii cardinals are always out and about without a home. mine hang in the front right corner

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If your worried about having homes bangaii cardinals are always out and about without a home. mine hang in the front right corner
I think they get bigger and can be bullies.

If I add any other fish it would be a cleaner goby and maybe a dracula goby or a hi-fin goby and another Randall pistol shrimp. I think the yellow watchmans body shape was too much like the starry and it was chased out of her little home I had created for the watchman and her pistol shrimp friend. I'm thinking some other shrimp goby would work if it is more distinct looking.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

My Starry only bullies the Lawnmower. He leaves my Cleaner alone. I'm considering adding a Blue Stripe too.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always consider a psudocromis
That’ll up the aggro. I just evicted my Splendid Dotty cause he was tormenting my Melanurus. I suppose an Orchid may work ….

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back