***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Salinity went up a bit but mostly micro bubbles everywhere. Tank looks like its practically white all from bubbles and a ton of my acros are giving off those filaments that ive only ever seen when they are really upset. Fingers crossed.m
Micro bubbles r probably fine when we run chemicleak we crank up the skimmer to the Max and all the bubbles overflow everywhere. I think by tomorrow everything will bounce back

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thinking about the orders today I think we only sent you 20 snails bu accident we also just checked the order and see you had 2 orders of snails as in checked out 2 orders at once which is why we missed it. Are you sure you ordered 60 also we owe you 20 now ... dm us please for a special $75 gc
I could be wrong Shane. I got so many good stuff, i just got mixed up. My apology.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro bubbles r probably fine when we run chemicleak we crank up the skimmer to the Max and all the bubbles overflow everywhere. I think by tomorrow everything will bounce back
Im sure hoping so. Everything had been so stable and growing so awesome, would be devastating to lose a bunch of it to equipment failure :(

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that angry unicorn is white. I think it was @Rennurdoar talking about that last week. Starting to get some PE and looks healthy, so seems good but will watch. I think I’m starting to fall in love with my little nano tank finally. Moved rock work just a tad yesterday just to make the tank look a little better. Getting pretty full in the best way possible. I’ll send photos in a couple days once this stuff settles in, really liking the way everything is looking now. I’ve got some pretty heavy flow on the acros now. I think they’re going to like it.

Got a UV sterilizer in and in the tank today to help with Dinos.

This Carebears is still settling in but it really does pop. Wow. Exceptional Goni.

image.jpg

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity went up a bit but mostly micro bubbles everywhere. Tank looks like its practically white all from bubbles and a ton of my acros are giving off those filaments that ive only ever seen when they are really upset. Fingers crossed...
Yeah hope everything is okay. I just got a new ATO because the last one wasnt working right and I had a few mornings where the level got low and it was throwing quite a lot of micro bubbles but didn’t notice any harm.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity went up a bit but mostly micro bubbles everywhere. Tank looks like its practically white all from bubbles and a ton of my acros are giving off those filaments that ive only ever seen when they are really upset. Fingers crossed...
If the salinity is fine they should be good. The bubbles piass them off but it's usually not a long term thing.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think you'll be ok, you have enough volume a slight raise in salinity should be ok. Bubbles shouldn't hurt anything long run, I've had that in my frag tank twice since I had a snail walk up the HOB filter and block it and cause microbubbles everywhere. Things looked ticked but bounced back fine.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll be ok, you have enough volume a slight raise in salinity should be ok. Bubbles shouldn't hurt anything long run, I've had that in my frag tank twice since I had a snail walk up the HOB filter and block it and cause microbubbles everywhere. Things looked ticked but bounced back fine.
I hope so but its really hard to say with stuff like that. I could see how tons of trapped gaseous oxygen all around it could cause issues. One of my fish looked seriously stressed out too. And the only other time iv'e seen those filament strand things all over my coral was right before they RTN'd :(

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so but its really hard to say with stuff like that. I could see how tons of trapped gaseous oxygen all around it could cause issues. One of my fish looked seriously stressed out too. And the only other time iv'e seen those filament strand things all over my coral was right before they RTN'd :(
They do it from time to time...when I dip in kcl, when I take them out of the water to frag or prepare for placement somewhere. I've seen it with air bubbles too. If they are doing it and you don't know why...then there's a problem for sure

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also @pandaparties do you clean it or soak it in vinegar/citric acid every now and then? The float can get stuck and or the sensor may not read if it's dirty. Mine is in my return chamber which is where I dose so I check and or clean it every month or so.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of racks in tanks I've seen since I've started SBB sales has grown significantly..lol
I’ve liked big racks for a long time

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also @pandaparties do you clean it or soak it in vinegar/citric acid every now and then? The float can get stuck and or the sensor may not read if it's dirty. Mine is in my return chamber which is where I dose so I check and or clean it every month or so.
i clean it in RODI monthly, no issues with the float but the sensor seems to get jacked up more often than id like

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back