OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's messy, but it's up & running ... Everything transferred and old tank taken down. All of the rock as been in the 40 breeder & sump since the Eagles won the superball. I filled that tank during the game.

IMG_1409.jpg

In this tank I am going to be running TM NP-BACTO PELLETS ( carbon dosing ) along with NP-BACTO-BALANCE to see how well it can control nutrients. Hopefully I have @Lou Ekus ear as we've already chatted about the products. :) You can see the pellets ( 1 cup ) running in the Avast Spyglass reactor kit. I still have a LOT of cleanup, including rockwork but I need to finish the floor on the other side of the living room where the old tank was. I was lucky enough to score a bucket of Pro Reef salt when BRS had them in stock the other day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they were really tiny when I first got them. There is a hippo in there that was the size of a quarter when I got him. The rest are a Chromis, Pajama Cardinal, & a Blenny. They are all loving the bigger tank.

OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brandon429 I've read through your sand cleaning threads and I had intentions of doing it but decided to only transfer the rock. Honestly it made the transfer much easier. I may put sand it at some point in time, but you can be sure it will be 'snow globe' clean :)

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wall art painting turned out great. Did you install an electrical outlet in your ceiling? The light fixture looks clean. It looks like the LED power bricks are on top of the wood board and hidden from sight.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes wall art came out just perfect wow

and the carpentry to retrofit that pro build, sharp sharp

hey I noticed even though no sand, you still have a cloudless skip cycle transfer of the current goodies into the new tank, we are so about that in our thread that’s a great example :)

OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son and his gf thank you for the kind words about the artwork.

I have a kasa HS300 outlet strip in the top that I can use to schedule the t5’s connected to an outlet under that cover. Google reef in the sky, that’s where I got the idea. Also I have an led strip that will go there to glow at night.

OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes wall art came out just perfect wow

and the carpentry to retrofit that pro build, sharp sharp

hey I noticed even though no sand, you still have a cloudless skip cycle transfer of the current goodies into the new tank, we are so about that in our thread that’s a great example :)
You’ll never guess where I got the confidence to pull that skip cycle off.

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes for sure backlighting will be a perfect balance such a sharp build and if you didn’t add sand back, it might be neat dynamics to inspect over a good while can’t wait to see outcomes. hey if you saw our crazy skip cycle threads then we thank you for posting such thorough build steps for the move

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share the extrusion sizes you used and what type of connectors you went with? I'm considering the same tank and trying to decide between this aluminum or a wooden stand. Never done aluminum but it seems like an erector set. Are you satisfied with the parts used? Would you change anything and if so why? Sorry for all the questions, It's just that your build is almost identical to what I'm considering and would love your input. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
DaveC

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share the extrusion sizes you used and what type of connectors you went with? I'm considering the same tank and trying to decide between this aluminum or a wooden stand. Never done aluminum but it seems like an erector set. Are you satisfied with the parts used? Would you change anything and if so why? Sorry for all the questions, It's just that your build is almost identical to what I'm considering and would love your input. Thanks in advance

So far I'm VERY happy with the way the stand came out. Message the fine people @ Alufabinc and they can give you a quote. You can reference this post if you're happy with the layout of the stand. I'm not crazy about posting prices, but I can tell you it was considerably cheaper than the leading competitor at what I can tell the same quality.

It comes as a kit and is an Ikea erector set from hell, but if you take your time you can do it. You'll need a Ball Hex Key I think it was 1\4 inch, but don't quote me on that.

Attachments

• 60x24x36.pdf
    440.2 KB · Views: 91

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I'm VERY happy with the way the stand came out. Message the fine people @ Alufabinc and they can give you a quote. You can reference this post if you're happy with the layout of the stand. I'm not crazy about posting prices, but I can tell you it was considerably cheaper than the leading competitor at what I can tell the same quality.

It comes as a kit and is an Ikea erector set from hell, but if you take your time you can do it. You'll need a Ball Hex Key I think it was 1\4 inch, but don't quote me on that.
LOL. I love IKEA type building. Thanks for sharing the schematic. I will contact them.

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment List:

Main Display: 150 Gallon Starfire Tank Drilled for 16" Synergy Shadow Overflow 60x24x24" 12mm
Stand: T-Slot Aluminum
Overflow: Modular Marine 1600
Lighting: Kessil 360x x3, Aquatic life Hybrid 48" fixture with ATI bulbs
Sump: 40 Breeder with Triton Refugium baffle kit
Return: Reef Octopus VarioS-6
Kalk Stirrer Kit: Avast Marine
Spyglass Reactor Kit: Avast Marine

Controller: ProfiLux 4 – GHL
ATO- Tunze 3155
Dosing via ProfiLux 2.0

I have the same tank! I love SC Aquarium tanks!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back