Sc orange passion and jf homewrecker?

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for one any place that is not over priced?

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve come down considerably, especially SCOP. Check the FS here, it’s cheap.

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been stalking it to see if anyone has any. Not much luck from hobbist but I’ve seen some sponsors

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are over priced corals. I will take religion for 500.

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you hoping to pay for each?
It all depends on the size of the frag. I’ve seen a few nuns going for 250 for the home wrecker and I just don’t feel comfortable with that bit of a little bigger or encrusted than I’m willing to pay

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m all for people wanting to make money and all but c’mon anybody out there that is a little generous about sharing. It’s not like I’m going to grow it out in a few months and get my money back. I want to grow and enjoy it I’m not for all that fragging resale. Guess I’m old school in that way when it use to be hey you like that piece let me give it to you. But of course that was like 20 years ago.

U

User1

View Badges
Online or LFS you are going to pay the premium.

Your best bet is just go about it quietly and look for individuals who want to sell for the hobby and not a side hustle. The problem, and I'm going to be perfectly honest here, is that there are a few bad actors that play this card to stock their side hustle tanks and ruin it for people like you. Thus the price not really coming down even when direct hobbyist to hobbyist sell.

My advise is don't get caught up in the name unless that is the game you want to be in. Set an amount per frag that is acceptable to you. Then factor in shipping. That becomes your line and shop accordingly. The rest put on your gift lists.

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a shame. This is one of the hobby’s that everyone I have ever met has been the most passionate about their tanks. It use to be visiting another hobbist you met on a forum and just talk about tanks and corals for hours and you welcome them inside like they are family. It use to be a tight group what happened to those days.

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 years out of the hobby and things sure change. I just remember the good ole day when ORA was a big thing

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the days when you had to mod a maxi jet for flow. Lol with 12 cords in a tank and a fire just waiting to happen

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry man. You want the best looking stuff for cheap. You really need to step back and ask yourself why you want them in the first place. If you are old school you know that a 30 dollar frag with potential grown into a large colony is where it is at. You are falling right back into the trap of the name game... cough tyree cough or even older versions of the "game"

Wait another 10 years and whatever is todays 300 dollar frag will be clippings people toss in the trash. It is how it has always worked with sticks

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m all for people wanting to make money and all but c’mon anybody out there that is a little generous about sharing. It’s not like I’m going to grow it out in a few months and get my money back. I want to grow and enjoy it I’m not for all that fragging resale. Guess I’m old school in that way when it use to be hey you like that piece let me give it to you. But of course that was like 20 years ago.

I think you remember things a little "rosier" than they were.

I actually see a lot of PIF/freebies on beginner to mid level things just like back in the day.

I seriously doubt you were getting a lot of "hey you like my Purple Monster, Oregon Tort and 20k Lokani? Let me give you a 2" frag".....

Maybe your taste has changed, if so maybe your budget and perspective on value need to catch up with it.

Not $500 for a nub catch up, but $250 shipped for 3/4"-1" of HW catch-up.JMO

OP
OP
H

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess some clubs and communities are better than others.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest biting the bullet And overpaying for 2-3 high end, slightly less common pieces and using them to trade in the future for pieces you can't stomach going rate on.

I think this is the other thing that's happening that drains the market for decently priced frags. A lot of them get traded for other high end. But this could be a way for you to deal with the current market.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess some clubs and communities are better than others.

You were really getting free 2" frags of Purple Monster back in the day at a local club in Utah? And some how that same club doesn't roll like that anymore?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back