SCA 50 Gallon PNP System EcoTech Marine Edition

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been busy.
I did a 75% WC yesterday, teaching my 9 year old maintenance.
She scrubbed the rocks of 99% of the GHA, scraped the glass, replaced the filter cartridge and carbon pad.
I showed her how to use the python to clean sand and complete WC.
Recently switched to Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt, Brute can is clean!
Just received a john guest 3 way ball valve for the RO/DI to fill a 6 gal top off bucket and to fill the 44 gal brute can for WC and my tank's rocks.
Also taught her how to use the RO/DI system to fill our 6 gallon bucket and brute can.
The fish and corals are both happy n healthy looking.
The zoas that I freshwater dipped and cleaned are coloring back up and fully opened up as well, happy about that, it took 5-6 days for them to bounce back.
The neptheas haven't missed a beat they have to be at least 3x the size since I got them.
WWC slimeball is back/forth between whether it looks like it will live or not, now betting it won't make it. **** happens.
Hollywood stunner looks happy but never seen its sweepers out yet.
Miami hurricane chalice...is just there LOL. Hasn't really done anything since getting it.
I have lined up a light for this tank for when my 50 will be set up I will need my radion back for that.
The light is a Maxspect Razor 160watt 16K, it'll work for this temp 20 tall and for a short time on the 40 breeder.

That's awesome getting the chitlins involved so young... nice update too. A lot going on. Keep it rockin!

Pics!

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190530_155806.jpg

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a long while since my last update, been busy with family.
I have been doing WC every other week and once a month have been pulling out the one big rock in there and scrubbing the hair algae off.
The fish are great, get along and healthy.
The corals; first I had to toss the WWC slimeball it officially died, probably didn't like the switch from high nutrients in IO to the Tropic Marin Pro.
That being said I love the Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, it's clean, clear mixes fast and stable.
The rasta zoas are growing larger and beautiful coloration.
The neptheas are great and still growing.
Hollywood stunner I still haven't seen it's sweepers out but it's looking good and healthy.
Miami hurricane chalice is the same as when I got it but no complaints it's alive and looks good imo.
Maintenance wise I haven't done much but the WC and cleaned the mp10 for the first time.
I do change out the filter cartridge every 3-4 weeks also change out the little specialty filter pad, I was running carbon from the start but not really doing much but now running one for phosphate removal to help reduce algae growth. Going well so far it seems to have slowed it's growth.
Not looking for a pristine aquarium here especially without a skimmer on it.
Looking ahead, I'd love to have the 50 set up but have a bunch of life changing things happening right now so that's gonna happen but in time, it may be in a month it may be in 3 months who knows at this point, frustrating but worth it in the end.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life hits hard and fast sometimes. 4 months ago I had the entire summer planned and now I am a temporary foster dad of a 4year old.

Keeping those water changes is really the beat u can do anyways. The rest will come together on it's own. And sorry to hear about the slime, sounds like the rest of the bunch are doing well.

Pics soon, cheers

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a long while since my last update, been busy with family.
I have been doing WC every other week and once a month have been pulling out the one big rock in there and scrubbing the hair algae off.
The fish are great, get along and healthy.
The corals; first I had to toss the WWC slimeball it officially died, probably didn't like the switch from high nutrients in IO to the Tropic Marin Pro.
That being said I love the Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, it's clean, clear mixes fast and stable.
The rasta zoas are growing larger and beautiful coloration.
The neptheas are great and still growing.
Hollywood stunner I still haven't seen it's sweepers out but it's looking good and healthy.
Miami hurricane chalice is the same as when I got it but no complaints it's alive and looks good imo.
Maintenance wise I haven't done much but the WC and cleaned the mp10 for the first time.
I do change out the filter cartridge every 3-4 weeks also change out the little specialty filter pad, I was running carbon from the start but not really doing much but now running one for phosphate removal to help reduce algae growth. Going well so far it seems to have slowed it's growth.
Not looking for a pristine aquarium here especially without a skimmer on it.
Looking ahead, I'd love to have the 50 set up but have a bunch of life changing things happening right now so that's gonna happen but in time, it may be in a month it may be in 3 months who knows at this point, frustrating but worth it in the end.

Thanks for the update. I'd say we've been missing you but that might make me look soft. ;)
Hope everything happening in your life brings positive responses!

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, not really any closer to getting the 40 setup.
BUT the good news I got sick of the GHA and looked into the settings I had going in ecosmart live and turns out my red and green were way up to 25% each so I kicked them down to 7% each and the algae is almost gone and water looks cleaner, corals pop and look better maybe they weren't diggin the red spectrum.
I see a small white spot on Marlin the largest clownfish. So I ordered some metro/focus and prazi to make sure it doesn't get any worse I'll do a fw dip too. Everything looks healthy, I'm happy.
Zoas still growing, I see a few new tiny tiny lil pinhead sized polyps, exciting times.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, not really any closer to getting the 40 setup.
BUT the good news I got sick of the GHA and looked into the settings I had going in ecosmart live and turns out my red and green were way up to 25% each so I kicked them down to 7% each and the algae is almost gone and water looks cleaner, corals pop and look better maybe they weren't diggin the red spectrum.
I see a small white spot on Marlin the largest clownfish. So I ordered some metro/focus and prazi to make sure it doesn't get any worse I'll do a fw dip too. Everything looks healthy, I'm happy.
Zoas still growing, I see a few new tiny tiny lil pinhead sized polyps, exciting times.

Sounds like you've got it covered. I'll keep my fingers crossed that u nipped it in the bud with Marlin.

Back