OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just thinking of how I'd fume everything I need for this project. Maybe I build a duct tape/poly plastic tent in my garage next to the window so it vents out there but stays out of the elements outside.
I also have a bunch of birdseye maple or cherry I can use as well.

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this past week I decided to buy a 40B for my daughter. Now I don't have enough of that wood to build a sweet stand like I had planned.
But I do need to build a stand ASAP because this thing sitting on the couch is annoying LOL.
So the plan is to build a simple yet strong 2x4 plywood skinned stand, do a nice little quarter round trim piece on the bottom to cover the black plastic and center it on the stand top.
I will post a link to pics I gathered from a build I'm copying off of a user on nano-reef
LINK

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update.
My brute can is cycled and cooking until this is up and running, my guess another 6 weeks.
My daughter just saw her new 40B yesterday and was ecstatic. I'm going to drill it, probably use an eshopps medium overflow and 1" plumbing to the 20 tall as her sump.
For her stand; ABC lumber here has Duralux Alkyd marine coating/paint, going to go with a Navy Gray for her cabinet/stand; it's a little darker but close to my gray cabinet. If it looks better I'll do my stand to match.
Took a couple pics the other day of a closet I made into my saltwater closet.
And also took 2 pics yesterday after getting the tank on the stand finally. One step closer!!

IMG_20190331_112633.jpg
IMG_20190331_112651.jpg
IMG_20190401_165941 (1).jpg
IMG_20190401_165941.jpg
duralux.jpg

DiscGolfRob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update.
My brute can is cycled and cooking until this is up and running, my guess another 6 weeks.
My daughter just saw her new 40B yesterday and was ecstatic. I'm going to drill it, probably use an eshopps medium overflow and 1" plumbing to the 20 tall as her sump.
For her stand; ABC lumber here has Duralux Alkyd marine coating/paint, going to go with a Navy Gray for her cabinet/stand; it's a little darker but close to my gray cabinet. If it looks better I'll do my stand to match.
Took a couple pics the other day of a closet I made into my saltwater closet.
And also took 2 pics yesterday after getting the tank on the stand finally. One step closer!!

IMG_20190331_112633.jpg
IMG_20190331_112651.jpg
IMG_20190401_165941 (1).jpg
IMG_20190401_165941.jpg
duralux.jpg

What an awesome thing to do for your daughter! I'm looking forward to sharing my tank with my daughter. So far, she's really taken an interest in the fish possibilities and the chemistry. Maybe someday she will want her own, as well.

Soooo
THIS happened today!!
So stoked right now.

Congratulations!

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a stand yesterday for the 40 breeder. That won't be set up until it's drilled for the overflow. So in the meantime I setup the 20 gallon last night.
I have an mp10, xr15 g4 pro, reeflink, digital finnex heater and Aqueon 30 quiet flow hob filter. Still waiting for the filter cartridges to show up tomorrow.
I'm running SPS AB+ right now, picking up corals at the frag swap Saturday. Excited as my daughter on xmas morning right now.
I've pre ordered some corals from the swap, I'll post pics. I pre ordered the following corals: Nuclear Green Nepthea, Aqua Green Nepthea, MC Purple Millepora, Glittering Gold Acropora, Miami Hurricane Chalice, 2" frag Idaho Grape Montipora Capricornis and 2" frag Bubblegum Montipora Capricornis.
Also decided the first fish I'll be adding is a trio of flame cardinalfish.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a stand yesterday for the 40 breeder. That won't be set up until it's drilled for the overflow. So in the meantime I setup the 20 gallon last night.
I have an mp10, xr15 g4 pro, reeflink, digital finnex heater and Aqueon 30 quiet flow hob filter. Still waiting for the filter cartridges to show up tomorrow.
I'm running SPS AB+ right now, picking up corals at the frag swap Saturday. Excited as my daughter on xmas morning right now.
I've pre ordered some corals from the swap, I'll post pics. I pre ordered the following corals: Nuclear Green Nepthea, Aqua Green Nepthea, MC Purple Millepora, Glittering Gold Acropora, Miami Hurricane Chalice, 2" frag Idaho Grape Montipora Capricornis and 2" frag Bubblegum Montipora Capricornis.
Also decided the first fish I'll be adding is a trio of flame cardinalfish.

I thought I had this thread watched but, as it turns out, I failed to add it to my list. That has been remedied and I will now be harassing, um, uh, I mean following along!

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home 20 minutes ago. Got everything set up to dip the corals they're temp acclimating right now then dip dip dip. I came home with Nuclear Green Nepthea, Aqua Green Nepthea, 2x Glittering Gold Acros, MC Purple Mille, Rasta Zoas, Miami Hurricane Chalice, 2x Idaho Grape monti cap, Bubblegum monti cap and a WWC Slimeball.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for you! I'm sure you'll get some pics soon.

Also, hope you're going to inspect all them very closely. I know you said the seller is top notch. However, I just saw a post on FB from one of the reefing groups I belong to about a bad experience at a swap today. The CMAS (Chicago Marine Aquarium Society) had their annual frag swap today. One of the sellers, a reputable one, sold montis with some very unfriendly nudis. I guess it was pretty bad.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back