OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is doing well he comes out a couple times a day to check out his home but he likes it under the rocks.

Very beautiful fish, haven't picked a name yet.

My cat got interested in why I kept looking into the tank so he decided to do the same...
He was watching the fish just chill there and the fish noticed the cat and swam away, so cat didn't like that said get back here...
So the fish intimidated by the cat at this point; starts to flash at the cat and make a big gulping mouth looking at him (like a grouper)...
The cat intimidated by the fish jumps back and meows loudly at the tank...
Cat comes to me to lay on my lap and sulk about the mean fishy...
Good times at Why-Me's place last night.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah for my daughter's birthday I ordered her a pair of clownfish, they'll be here Tuesday.
Sustainable Aquatics super fancy clownfish

1738.jpg

The SA Super Fancy Clownfish, Amphiprion ocellaris, is a variety of the common orange ocellaris clownfish developed at Sustainable Aquatics for its additional thicker black coloration in the fins and body along with a deep red/orange body color. These fish develop a very distinct black outline or trim on all of the fins that distinguish them from other designer varieties or the normal orange ocellaris. The color patterns of the SA Fancy Clownfish are evident from a young age, but they also continue to develop dark coloration around their stripes as they mature.

DQM5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't wait!
Oh yeah for my daughter's birthday I ordered her a pair of clownfish, they'll be here Tuesday.

1738.jpg

The SA Super Fancy Clownfish, Amphiprion ocellaris, is a variety of the common orange ocellaris clownfish developed at Sustainable Aquatics for its additional thicker black coloration in the fins and body along with a deep red/orange body color. These fish develop a very distinct black outline or trim on all of the fins that distinguish them from other designer varieties or the normal orange ocellaris. The color patterns of the SA Fancy Clownfish are evident from a young age, but they also continue to develop dark coloration around their stripes as they mature.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1738.jpg

I live about 1.5 hours from SA and must say the clownfish are super. I think you made a wise choice :) Here are my frost bites that I got from them:
frostbite.jpg

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about 1.5 hours from SA and must say the clownfish are super. I think you made a wise choice :) Here are my frost bites that I got from them:
frostbite.jpg
Thank you, those are beautiful clowns you have.
I was definitely steered in the right direction by @dantimdad
When it's time I'll definitely be ordering my clownfish for my tank from SA.
Just need to choose between
MochaVinci
Ice Mocha
Black Ice
or
Some type of Clarkii

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, those are beautiful clowns you have.
I was definitely steered in the right direction by @dantimdad
When it's time I'll definitely be ordering my clownfish for my tank from SA.
Just need to choose between
MochaVinci
Ice Mocha
Black Ice
or
Some type of Clarkii
Thank you they are my babies, I took @dantimdad for a tour of the SA facility and I think he fell in love HAHA. He got 2 really pretty Wyoming whites and I was jealous :p. My favorite of the ones you listed are the Ice Mocha.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you they are my babies, I took @dantimdad for a tour of the SA facility and I think he fell in love HAHA. He got 2 really pretty Wyoming whites and I was jealous :p. My favorite of the ones you listed are the Ice Mocha.

I sure did. Went back on my honeymoon! LOL!

I will buy from them again and again.

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched a video series on youtube by live aquaria about divers den specifically, they like to get rare or hard to get species in divers den and when they do they tend to get multiples from their supplier....That being said there may be yet another orangeback basslet coming up for sale. They go through a low salinity copper treatment and observation before being put into the display/feeding tanks to be photographed and put for sale on Divers Den, so when you buy a divers den fish it SHOULD be ready to go at time of sale...been thru QT is eating and looks healthy.
All of their systems at Divers Den have HUGE UV for each run of systems ie QT, display, feeding, observation.
After saying all that I have read of people buying DD fish and having disease or parasite etc.

Also there's 3 blue spotted jawfish on DD right now they're hard to find/rare, beautiful, cool and great personality fishes

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He got one but not that exact one. That one was still available earlier today. I'm honestly considering the candy basslet. The Swalesi basslet looks a lot more dull. Idk though.
If you want a candy basslet you won’t be happy with anything but a candy basslet. If you have the coin go for it, it’s one of my dream fish for sure!

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a candy basslet you won’t be happy with anything but a candy basslet. If you have the coin go for it, it’s one of my dream fish for sure!

+1

This totally this!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back