Why-Me

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things happened today.
I got a shipment of the Jebao pump and brightwell coralamino acid supplement.
I cut tongue n groove and installed it on the bottom of the stand.
Set the sump on the stand, finalized a sump setup, going to run the main drain in to the roller filter then run the skimmer next to it, after the roller filter.
So far empty middle chamber, maybe I'll run ceramic bio media and bio balls in there? IDK.
The right side has the Jebao return pump.
Starting to look good, just a few more days grinding this build out before being able to sit back and enjoy it!!

IMG_20190903_131704.jpg
IMG_20190903_132230.jpg
IMG_20190903_180536.jpg

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I love to hear that it's my first sw setup with a sump, I have 2 ac pumps but wanted something controllable.
Ya they are nice. I recommend them to a lot of people. The sine wave ones are the best they make and the only jebao pumps I would recommend. I think you did well for your first dc pump buy. They can get expensive and it’s a fare price for a quality pump.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I love to hear that it's my first sw setup with a sump, I have 2 ac pumps but wanted something controllable.
Good choice. You mentioned you didn’t want to dose this tank. My 40b doesn’t have much coral, hardly any stony corals, but I still have to dose that tank twice a day manually of just alk fwiw. Dosing is your friend, your corals will love the stability, don’t be afraid to grab and use some esv 2Part.

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choice. You mentioned you didn’t want to dose this tank. My 40b doesn’t have much coral, hardly any stony corals, but I still have to dose that tank twice a day manually of just alk fwiw. Dosing is your friend, your corals will love the stability, don’t be afraid to grab and use some esv 2Part.
I guess what I was saying is since I only have 4 corals currently (2 types of zoas, nepthea, miami hurricane chalice)
So I'm just going to spike my ALK for a while until I have more livestock that actually depletes the nutrients.
I do have 2 BRS dosing pumps and plan to dose eventually but right now I feel it's not really needed yet.
Tropic marin pro is somewhere around 7.3 - 7.5 ALK and I'd like to be around 8.5 - 8.8

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has your daughter decided on anything in particular she wants?
This evening she was looking through fish and said she wants a dwarf angel, not sure which one she likes best yet.

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here getting excited!
We have a frag swap coming up oct 26th going to let my daughter pick out a BTA and some other corals.
When the pre swap sale goes up I'll start posting things here that we call dibs on.
Can't wait!!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I was saying is since I only have 4 corals currently (2 types of zoas, nepthea, miami hurricane chalice)
So I'm just going to spike my ALK for a while until I have more livestock that actually depletes the nutrients.
I do have 2 BRS dosing pumps and plan to dose eventually but right now I feel it's not really needed yet.
Tropic marin pro is somewhere around 7.3 - 7.5 ALK and I'd like to be around 8.5 - 8.8

Fritz RPM Blue box ranges between 8.1 and 8.4 for me, the last 4 boxes I've gone through. Never used anything else on this tank. I love it.

OP
OP
Why-Me

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use LiveAquaria which is the same parameters as Fritz. Some speculate it is repackaged, same salt.
I've heard that before.
Must be something to it.
I like the tropic marin pro because it's consistent from top to bottom, clean, mixes clear and fast.
And now after watching the 3 or 4 BRS salt videos this spring/summer I'll be sticking to the tropic marin pro.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that before.
Must be something to it.
I like the tropic marin pro because it's consistent from top to bottom, clean, mixes clear and fast.
And now after watching the 3 or 4 BRS salt videos this spring/summer I'll be sticking to the tropic marin pro.

Agreed. If I could afford it, TM would be my choice.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that before.
Must be something to it.
It’s so good. Smart man.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back