• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammed by armani4o3! Lost $300 Beware!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller's Name: armani4o3 (William Becker)

I was sold a vortech pump for $300. This seller disappeared. There are two of us this has happened to. Once questioned, seller claimed to have 5 even though only claimed one in the ad. Seller used pictures from another reefer's sale thread.

It's been over two weeks. I've even tried facebook to contact the seller. 4 other forums that he's on I've sent pm's as well... nothing.

Here is the original sale thread from Reef Central. Two of us paid and to this date neither has received the vortech pump. Seller acknowledged receiving the payment and I also have pm's stating he was mailing. Even have one after this thread was closed saying he would give a refund... that was a full work week ago. The mods on Reef Central have sent him my contact information as well. His login time shows he has been more than once since.

Reef Central Online Community

I've even sent a paypal money request with no response. HERE'S WHERE I SCREWED UP!! : Seller asked me to send payment as a gift via paypal to avoid fees. I've always sent payment this way. Never thought twice. YOU CANNOT DISPUTE A PAYMENT MARKED AS A GIFT!! I feel like such an idiot. The 3% fee protects both the seller and buyer. 3% is a small amount to pay for the insurance. Please learn from my mistake!

Thank you for reading this. Please beware of this seller. I've literally tried 7 different methods of contacting this seller. Several forums, paypal money request, and email. Nothing...

Last edited:

pachi_boi86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMG, this is horrible!!! I really feel bad for you. This hobby is expensive enough already and the last thing we need is to have someone scam us for our hard earned money. I too never thought twice when sending money to someone as a gift through paypal. We really have to be careful of who we're dealing with nowadays. I really hope you get your money back!!!

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man that blows!!! sorry on the situation and hope he mans up!!!

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks....I will never send payment as a gift!!! Thanks for the story and hope everything turns out well for u

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you know what city he lives in? Try calling his local police...

He lives in Reading Pennsylvania. He's taken $600 between the two of us... might be worth a try. I've got a picture of him and everything off of facebook.

AndyDuckets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
file a report with the police, you may not get your money back, but you'll cost him probably about 2-3 times what he took from you if the state/county actually presses charges. the most i could see him getting is a bunch of community service hrs

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats too bad. i can't believe the nerve of some people. I never do the gift thing with paypal on any transactions. I wish you didn't have to learn this the hard way....

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send him pm's on all these forums as well as email and facebook message one last time. I don't have a choice buy file a police report if he doesn't respond. The other fella is willing to do one too. That's $600 in stolen money Mr. Becker is responsible for.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I do hope this works out for you.

I would go ahead with contacting the local police.

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his pump was shipped than I got booted from rc and 3 other ppl say they got there's imo he's tryin to get a free vortech

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I only saw 2 people who sent you money and neither one of them got the pump.

I will vouch for ccombs70. If he said he didn't get the pump, you didn't send it.

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his pump was shipped than I got booted from rc and 3 other ppl say they got there's imo he's tryin to get a free vortech

I have a pm within the hour you got banned that you sent me. You said you would wait to hear from me before you shipped it. Here... I'll copy and paste it...

rivate Message: vortech
09/07/2010, 03:48 PM
armani4o3
Registered Member.

vortech
ok here is a update thursday I was at work late and left out of town on friday I did not get ur pump sent out all others were sent out if you want I can get you a time stamped pic of the pump that is urs or can just do a full refund either way lmk what you want to do I will wait to ship till I hear from u

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through our pm's this evening I've asked when you shipped it and to show me proof. You are unable to do that. You said to call the police station it I wanted and you would have proof when the time comes in court... really? If the pump is already sent (it's been two weeks since I bought it) why would you even thing about "when the time comes"?

You were waiting to hear back from me for over a week now right? Why didn't you try my email that was used for paypal? I've sent you several. You didn't try anything at all to resolve this issue. I told you... either proof of shipment ie)tracking number, or a refund. Pay the fee for paypal if you want that way you can dispute the darn thing if I don't send your pump back! You've acknowledged publicly you had a pump... took my money... and supposedly sent it... yet have no proof of the last part. I've got countless pm's and emails asking you to just give me back MY money... and save the hassle. If I wanted a free pump I wouldn't have paid you in the first place!!!!

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the package shipped? What facility was it shipped from? I'll call them tomorrow before I call the police.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
armani4o3 you have explaining to do. Please answer the previous questions. What proof do you have of this being shipped?

Also in your thread here you stated you didnt need the 3rd pump and that you were selling it. How come you accepted more money than for one?

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent him a visitor message (for all to see) and a pm (in-case he deletes the visitor message). I told him to give me the name of the facility it was shipped from and the date it was shipped on. He stopped sending me pm's and eventually got offline. Told him if I could call and get a confirmation I would hold off til I receive a package. I thought that was fair..... guess it was too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back