Scaping my tank

Khoi Mai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resetting up my tank and came up with this scape. Look a bit wierd after I look it up again tbh. Any suggestion?
Its gonna be mixed reef tank. 240G
20190216_131114.jpeg

OP
OP
Khoi Mai

Khoi Mai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Thats what I was hoping. Then again, I don't know much about how to place corals like to create better scape after they are big or just keep trimming along the way?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That left structure looks good, the right side seems a bit unnatural. Coral placement would help over time as @Neilth1 mentioned. What if you simply turned that center piece about 60-90 degrees to make it seem less similar to the piece leaning on it?

Example4.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with it looking somewhat unnatural....I would leave the rocks on the left but "mess up" the two arches on the middle/right so they don't look so "placed". Try to make it look more natural, but still have some arches or caves....my opinion of course :) Either way, once it grows in with a bunch of coral, you won't even be able to see the rocks!

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with it looking somewhat unnatural....I would leave the rocks on the left but "mess up" the two arches on the middle/right so they don't look so "placed". Try to make it look more natural, but still have some arches or caves....my opinion of course :) Either way, once it grows in with a bunch of coral, you won't even be able to see the rocks!

I totally agree with you about the two arches, they look unnatural. Perhaps adding some additional rock to the right side of the tank will help?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.0%

Back