scared to do a water change

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any ever scared to do a water change well its been about 3 months and all my parameters are intact but so i really dont know if i need to do one but everything is growing really well and just dont want to mess thing s up
what do u think

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a 10% water change every 7-10 days. It's worked for me and certaintly has never hurt me. I like water changes, the fresh salt helps replentish trace elements used up by the inhabitants. As long as your using good water ( i have an ro/di unit) and the same salt, nothing bad should happen.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i know it was i was just saying is that everything has really taken off my tank has struggled in the past and with in the last 3 to 4 months everything has just started growing like crazy so i dont want that to change.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do water changes every sunday. It sounds to me that the corals finally adjusted to your tank and are now taking off.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well lets hope so it has taken so much time for everything to come together.
well her it goes also have any of you ever used a diatom filter to make that water sparkel let me know youre input on the diatom filter

freeze

colonist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend the water change. Just do ten percent - shouldnt harm anything and will most likely help. Three months is a long time to go between changes. I'd double check your nitrates just to be sure they're OK. I used to use a Diatom XL filter way back when on my first salt water FO tank - does a good job polishing the water. I run carbon now.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i checked all the paramaters in my tank and everything was in line its a 75 gallon tank with only 2 pairs of clowns in it and lots of rock and deep sand bed and a fuge so maybe thats why everything was ok. but going back to doing water changes every 10 days

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run purigen all the time and carbon one in the canister filter and one in the sump

Back