Scary Larry (some worm)

Ramberto777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I know I have had at least one big worm in my tank for a while. I saw him a couple times as my tank was maturing, the tank is a bit over a year old, but it has been a considerable time since I saw him. I always figured he was a bristle worm but never was sure. Welp, as I was burning the midnight oil scary Larry made an appearance. When I first saw him I would say I could see around 10 inches of him and there is around 7 inches of worm in the pic with my hand for reference. Worst part is that even with the 10 inches of worm there was more in the sand that I couldn't see. Although I have bad pictures, would like some help on an id as I am a bit nervous Larry is a fireworm. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to get him out that would be appreciated. Thanks for the help!

IMG-1397.jpg IMG-1398.jpg IMG-1402.jpg

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I know I have had at least one big worm in my tank for a while. I saw him a couple times as my tank was maturing, the tank is a bit over a year old, but it has been a considerable time since I saw him. I always figured he was a bristle worm but never was sure. Welp, as I was burning the midnight oil scary Larry made an appearance. When I first saw him I would say I could see around 10 inches of him and there is around 7 inches of worm in the pic with my hand for reference. Worst part is that even with the 10 inches of worm there was more in the sand that I couldn't see. Although I have bad pictures, would like some help on an id as I am a bit nervous Larry is a fireworm. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to get him out that would be appreciated. Thanks for the help!

IMG-1397.jpg IMG-1398.jpg IMG-1402.jpg
That's terrifying! I know that you can make traps, I'd go that route I think...then call the National Guard to remove the trap! Yikes!!!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would get a piece of PVC and some vinyl tube and slurp it out with a siphon.
Then I would set up a tank and keep it because it is really cool.

OP
OP
R

Ramberto777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll try the trap route. Can't decide if I should kill it with fire or set up a specimen tank lol. Any clues on an id?

OP
OP
R

Ramberto777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry made an appearance tonight and I tried to flick him out of the sand with some tweezers. Of course my clownfish decided this was the perfect time to bite and scare the absolute living hell out of me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back