Scentimental's IM NUVO Fusion 30L Nano Reef

Scentimental

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DATG Sale - This Mama opened her Christmas Present
Upgrading from a 5-month-old 10g nano reef. I outgrew it already.
Stock Specs
It arrived Saturday. Added water and coarse sand on Sunday.
Started moving base rock that is not attached to any coral over to the new tank Monday.

I was so proud of myself. Today I resisted the urge to go to the LFS and I did not add any new items to the cart of my favorite online store.

My Sweet Hubba Bubba is going to upgrade my light. I caught him sitting in my chair, watching the tank several times this week. He won't admit it but, I think he is becoming just as obsessed as I am.

I plan on swapping out a quart or two of water between tanks a few times a day moving up to a gallon depending on how happy my coral is.

How slowly should I move the conversion? Do I wait 6 weeks for a full cycle or will things move faster if I use the old tank to seed the new one?

I had a 120g FOWLR but its been 10 years. Lots of neat things have happened since I have been gone. I have lots to learn about all the new technology.

Scentimental

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank!

Most of your bacteria population is on your rocks, so the more of them you can move over, the better off the new tank will be. You shouldn't have to go through a complete cycle if you're moving rocks and water, but it's not a bad idea to monitor the new tank for a bit (measuring ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates) for a week or so just to be on the safe side. Odds are you would just be able to transfer everything over all at once without problems, but it's likely best to take it slow...

Looking forward to hearing about the new tank!

OP
OP
Scentimental

Scentimental

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your equipment list? I got same tank. Will be setting it up soon in my office

I bought an IM Spin Stream Flow Nozzle but I am going to return it because it did not work. I have 3 Hydor Water deflectors and I like them. I puy 2 on the return lines and one on a Cobalt MJ-600 powerhead. I added a 150-watt heater and I plan to add the Aquamaxx Prism LED 36" light fixture next.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought those spinstreams were good. Check out RFG nozzle ffrom Vivid Creative. The light looks nice and sleek. Wonder how much PAR it puts out and **** it can grow! What u plan on keeping in tank? LPs, SPS? Skimmer?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back