Schedule Feedback Requested 4x XR30 in an Aquatic Life fixture

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thanks for reading,

I've just added 2 Radion XR15's to my setup and want to leave it until the tank stabilizes before I try adding acropora a second time. My goal is SPS dominant, this is a 75g display 35g sump (as big as I want to go in our rental home).

I've followed some BRS advice and have set peak at 250-355 par all over the tank. I'm running the radions at a 9 hour ab+ default schedule at 45% intensity from 12pm to 9pm (without moon cycles, so 3 hours of blue mood lighting every night).

I have 4 T5 bulbs (2 aqua blue plus on the outsides and 2 coral plus on the insides). Here is where I'm not sure of myself, I run the T5's from 12:30pm to 8:30pm; ramping up from 12:30pm to 3pm, and ramping down from 6pm to 8:30pm. Please advise on editing this schedule or leaving it as is. I'd love feedback from someone who's had experience with a T5/LED mix!

This will be my second go with Acropora, my Softie/LPS tank is doing fine at 150 par. My first round I lost a LOT of coral, a good 10 expensive frags. All that is left is a heartbreaker that's apparently a champ. I'm currently getting some GHA and dinos under control. Also, I'm aware my lighting needs some tidying up, but I wanted to get this post out there ASAP.

Thanks,

20211004_190357.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back