Scheduling tests has never been easier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just noticed reefbot is available for purchase on their website. Looks really cool.
Super awesome machine. API Ca, Red Sea and Salifert Alk, and Tropic Marin PO4 tests are really good. Waiting on a really good nitrate solution, the API test isn't good at low NO3 levels, where we generally like to be.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Holy expensive

When you look at the competition (Which technically there really isn't any as this machine is the only one that can do more than 3 tests), the trident which only does the big 3 will come in at $600. So 2/3 of this and this machine works on its own and doesn't require a controller. Trident requires the latest Apex, which if you aren't an owner will set you back a minimum of $550 so you're actually looking at $1150 for the trident. This doesn't seem too expensive to me...

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great. Is that still the early adopter price?
$899 normally, with a $100 discount right now. So $799 now. Tests at whatever schedule you set, which is nice. I have mine set up to test alkalinity, Ca, NO3 and PO4. Alkalinity daily, all others once a week. All API, which should be right up your alley :D;););)

After these are used up I will switch to Red Sea alkalinity refill kit, Tropic Marin PO4, and stick with very good API Ca. API NO3 isn't very good at lower levels, but right in your range perfectly, and is super cost effective!

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
When you look at the competition (Which technically there really isn't any as this machine is the only one that can do more than 3 tests), the trident which only does the big 3 will come in at $600. So 2/3 of this and this machine works on its own and doesn't require a controller. Trident requires the latest Apex, which if you aren't an owner will set you back a minimum of $550 so you're actually looking at $1150 for the trident. This doesn't seem too expensive to me...
There are 4 peristaltic pumps, an inexpensive computer, 4 motor controllers, a very expensive linear actuator and controller, many 3D printed parts, and whole bunch of other physical stuff. The software platform is very well designed and mostly without bugs already. Thousands of man hours I'm sure to complete all the software/firmware/cloud platform/webpage portal programming. I am in the engineering and manufacturing business, and I am struggling to figure out how they are even making money on this thing. It's a bargain.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
There are 4 peristaltic pumps, an inexpensive computer, 4 motor controllers, a very expensive linear actuator and controller, many 3D printed parts, and whole bunch of other physical stuff. The software platform is very well designed and mostly without bugs already. Thousands of man hours I'm sure to complete all the software/firmware/cloud platform/webpage portal programming. I am in the engineering and manufacturing business, and I am struggling to figure out how they are even making money on this thing. It's a bargain.

That was kindof what I was getting at but on a more basic level lol :) Oh and the icing on the cake, you can pick and choose what ever tests you want to run and for the most part whatever brand you want to test with. Trident will only work with there own reagents which you will pay a premium for...

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Holy expensive
No other machine even discussed can test all of these parameters right now. Compare it to Alkatronic which tests only alkalinity for a similar price. I really like that machine as well, so I am not knocking it at all. As I mentioned a post ago it's a bargain versus what you get, I am really impressed with the machine and the price they were able to achieve. Well designed.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Question...
Tests like API Nitrate test require you to vigorously shake solution #2 for 30 seconds before adding to the vile.
How does the reefbot address this?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Make sure to shake the reagents vigorously for at least 5 min before adding it to our vials. once added to our vials, the ReefBot will stir the reagent with a powerful magnetic stirrer.

This tutorial provides a beginners guide overview to setup your ReefBot.
For more info visit our support page: https://bit.ly/2T9sMmp

Back