OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! I love the cleanliness of your set up. The organization of your ato cabinet is impressive :)

Thank you! I really have to force myself to move slowly and think about every move. I am starting to add some more livestock now so it will be interesting to see how everything works out in long run.

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0147.jpg

Slowly adding some life into the tank :) Have also decided not to go bare bottom, I just like to look with substrate better. Will try to take some proper pictures with my camera soon.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reactor is a wonderful idea! Nice to see it working so effectively as well. It is large enough to make for a good refuge as well. Is the plan to always run chaeto in it? Or other varieties as well? You could also pop in some small critters I am thinking.

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reactor is a wonderful idea! Nice to see it working so effectively as well. It is large enough to make for a good refuge as well. Is the plan to always run chaeto in it? Or other varieties as well? You could also pop in some small critters I am thinking.

Thanks!

Right now the macro algae is about 95% chaeto. There is some other green macro also, but I think the chaeto is taking over. Right now there is also bristleworms, snails and pods inside the reactor.

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is a party in my chaeto reacor! Some kind of pod? Have not seen this one before.

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have added a CO2 scrubber to the air intake on my skimmer and that together with a reverse photoperiod on my algae reactor keeps my PH between 8.25 and 8.32 during 24 hours. Pretty stable I think.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build so far! Seems like you've picked up some ideas from Lasse; he's brilliant!

One question: I've posted your picture of you're overflow; what type of gate/ball valve is that? I've never quite seen one like that so was just wondering what's different about it or if it's controlled electronically or what?

Thanks, everything looks splendid!

IMG_1648.jpg

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build so far! Seems like you've picked up some ideas from Lasse; he's brilliant!

One question: I've posted your picture of you're overflow; what type of gate/ball valve is that? I've never quite seen one like that so was just wondering what's different about it or if it's controlled electronically or what?

Thanks, everything looks splendid!

IMG_1648.jpg

Thanks! :)

It's a membrane valve (I think its called that). It is manual but allows for VERY precise settings of flow.
I bought mine from germany: http://www.meerwasser-bartelt.de/de/PVC-Fittings-Zubehoer/Membranventile.html

And yes. Lasse is my hero!

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @maglofster.
In the N DOC test is there a description of TOC2, TOC, TC, etc?
Also based on your results did they made any recommendation?
Thanks.

Beautiful pics. We need more. :)

OP
OP
maglofster

maglofster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @maglofster.
In the N DOC test is there a description of TOC2, TOC, TC, etc?
Also based on your results did they made any recommendation?
Thanks.

Beautiful pics. We need more. :)

The recomendation changes with your results and what you indicate to Triton. If you look at the top of my test pic there is a choice one can make: "my aquarium is all good" / "Problems with cyano" etc. Based on that and your test results you also get advice. So far it's quite rudimentary, what I have seen a least. But I think over time this test will help a lot to further calibrate my tank. The only advice I got was to add some CO3. But my tank is "all good" so.

So, there is not a lot of info in the test. I found this video though:

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The recomendation changes with your results and what you indicate to Triton. If you look at the top of my test pic there is a choice one can make: "my aquarium is all good" / "Problems with cyano" etc. Based on that and your test results you also get advice. So far it's quite rudimentary, what I have seen a least. But I think over time this test will help a lot to further calibrate my tank. The only advice I got was to add some CO3. But my tank is "all good" so.

So, there is not a lot of info in the test. I found this video though:

Thank you.
This is really new. This is the reason I asked as I do both carbon dosing and macro algae.
Hope everything is good with your system. ;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back