SCMAS Meeting February 16th - Nuisance Algae

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCMAS Meeting

When: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m.
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

Topic: Nuisance Algae
This months meeting we will discuss Nuisance Algae. This month will be a round table discussion about the topic that plages us all at one point or another. Even the most advanced reefers have issues with these algae from time to time. Steve Garrett has volunteered to bring his microscope in to help identify your Nuisance Algae issues. Please bring samples of any Nuisance Algae that you are having issues with.

Also don't forget, February 17th is the first SCMAS field trip! See email for more details.

My daughter Mia wanted me to advise you all that she will be bringing Girl Scout cookies to sell at the meeting. If you know what you want, shoot me a email and I will make sure she has it ready for you. She can also bring to the Field trip as well.

Don't forget to bring your water samples to have them tested by Steve Garrett. (He may not be able to test depending on how many algae samples there are.)

Also, be sure to get your raffle tickets for another amazing raffle!

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up. Gonna be a good discussion tonight. Plus, being able to see what we are dealing with under a microscope will be pretty cool.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 107 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 66 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 56 30.3%
Back