Scoly Help Please! (Pic)

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this green with gold band Scoly for several months. It is healthy (extends tentacles and eats) but it seems to be "bunching up" as you can see in the pic. There is no tissue loss. It is 26in below 250W Radiums. Seems to extend back out a little at night when lights out. Too much light or flow? Thanks!

Picture083.jpg

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate when this happens! Looks to me someone got a taste for it maybe? Notice anyone nipping at it? What fish do you have?

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero experience with this coral...I'd guess that something was touching/stinging it by its look...but like I first said--no experience.

I will say that your collection in that small little section is quite nice!

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. No fish picking and nothing near it to sting it. It has me stumped. May try moving it in a little less light / flow.

gillundr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is bothering it for sure, it might be one of the corals in the tank. Try to move it to a quiet area for a while and keep your eye on it. Also maybe target feed it a few times a week if possible. I have fragged scolys with great success. They can bounce back from just about anything especially if they are well fed.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. No fish picking and nothing near it to sting it. It has me stumped. May try moving it in a little less light / flow.

I could be wrong, but those chalices and favias look mighty close. Have you tried looking at night to see how long their sweepers are, you may be surprised.

ree F elipe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, you have to see at night, diferets moments and whit a flaslight. by other hand i would draw the water for a moment, and carefully reviewed all around. any kind of life must be removed. one of my scoly had a little tube worm, and it was bothering. i removed the worm andproblem finished.

good luck!!!

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt there is any stinging going on, the damage is in the front only and all the other corals are in the back of it where there is no damage.... What fish do you have?

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 150G 60x24x25 and the only fish are...

Yellow Tang
Tomini Tang
2 clowns
Six Line
Green Goby
Yellow Coris

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back