Scopas tang with no tail spike

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! My scopas tang doesn’t have a tail spike on either side. It is about 3” inches long, possibly a tad bigger. I couldn’t really find much information on this, I was wondering if this is something that will come as it grows?

It’s fine that no spike is there, as she can be a little aggressive and always smackin the other tang with her butt. So I’m glad it’s not there now. Any info is appreciated!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is used for battle and defense. Not critical . On some tangs, these spines blend in so well it appears to not be there

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bet it does and just keeps it retracted.

I stare at my scopas all morning in my office and have noticed many times that it looks like it isn't there.

You can tell the scar on my GEM's face it wasn't there.

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures?
Unfortunately I can rarely get pics of her. She’s always so quick and a little shy. I’ll go through some videos if I can find a way to get a video up..I’m assuming just a YouTube link would be easiest
It is used for battle and defense. Not critical . On some tangs, these spines blend in so well it appears to not be there
Gotcha. Her rear end is so black and smooth I don’t see anything there. The yellow tang I had it was very prominent and white and I just assumed this one would be white also
I'll bet it does and just keeps it retracted.

I stare at my scopas all morning in my office and have noticed many times that it looks like it isn't there.

You can tell the scar on my GEM's face it wasn't there.
Nice. Scopas are beautiful. I just got this one about a month ago because I lost my Hawaiian yellow and I’m just so not replacing that right now. Hopefully one day
Some tangs can retract their spines, but not sure if a scopas does.
Thanks. I watch her a lot and never really see it come out. But I’ll look some more

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back