Scopas tangs fins are shrinking

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got this brown scopas tang and his dorsal fin has gone way down from where it should be, it eats just fine and all the water parameters are good so I’m not sure what’s causing this, I’m thinking it could possibly be from carbon that used to be in the tank but I’d like some help diagnosing and treating this, thanks

87748FD3-B748-49D8-9A6C-CC4667B598DE.jpeg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like HILLE , i would switch to chemi pure blue it’s a nice carbon and start supplementing vitamins in the tangs food

OP
OP
insanelogic

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like HILLE , i would switch to chemi pure blue it’s a nice carbon and start supplementing vitamins in the tangs food
Ok thanks, I’ll try that, what brand of vitamins would you recommend? I know there are some better than others but I haven’t done a lot of research into that

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got this brown scopas tang and his dorsal fin has gone way down from where it should be, it eats just fine and all the water parameters are good so I’m not sure what’s causing this, I’m thinking it could possibly be from carbon that used to be in the tank but I’d like some help diagnosing and treating this, thanks

87748FD3-B748-49D8-9A6C-CC4667B598DE.jpeg
That’s a pretty fish there, what kind of carbon were you using and how did you apply it to this tank?

OP
OP
insanelogic

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a pretty fish there, what kind of carbon were you using and how did you apply it to this tank?
It was just marineland black diamond carbon, it hasn’t been in the tank for a few months but It used to be in the sump with the bio balls

OP
OP
insanelogic

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay then maybe it was not the carbon, could it be ammonia or high nitrates? I agree it does look like Hille
Ok I’ll try vitamins, according to my test kit which is api the water is perfect and ik it’s not the most reliable but all my other fish are perfect too so I think the water is fine

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back