scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: 28.5x28.5x30
Stand: 29.5x29x30
Sump: 20x24x15
Skimmer: Maybe a cone... any recommendations?
Return Pump: Eheim 1260 or Laguna 2600
Flow: 2x EcoTech Vortech MP40W Gen 2 /w Battery Backup
ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155
Lighting:
Temp Controller: Ranco Dual Stage
Chiller: JBJ 1/5 HP
Heaters: 2x Ebo Jager 250W

Taking down my 5x2x15" & 7x2x2 tanks and consolidating into a smaller tank. Electricity was kicking my butt!

Some old shots of the tank:
RIGH91410.jpg

left91410.jpg

fishy.jpg

FTS91410.jpg

I've always liked cubes, but 24x24 seemed a bit small. Also always wanted a 30" deep tank. The height was one of the main reasons I chose this tank, with a 30" height, it would make it a hassle to put my hands into the tank and move coral forcing me to leave the alone to settle in and grow without any disruptions. Killed two birds with one stone this time. To top it off, it's has 3 side starphire glass! :D

The goal with this tank is to have a pest free system. My last system had aefw and no matter what I did, I could not win the battle completely. I constantly basted corals and everything would look perfect. Sometimes I would get lazy and slack off for about 2-3 weeks and they would be back in full force!!!!!! ARGH!!!! This time, I will have a separate QT system for all new coming corals. I'm not chancing anything anymore!!!!

5111tank.jpg

Going to clean the garage and finishing breaking down the rest of the tanks over the next few weeks After that I'll have to prep the tank, should be fun.

All corals will be going in QT for at least 8-12 weeks, in that time it will be dipped every 1.5 weeks in revive.

I'll be aiming for a UNLS system. I'll be moving over the majority of the rocks from my 180g. I'll be jump starting the bacteria system using Brightwell's Macrobacter7 then dosing vodka afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scrapz

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few corals which are going into the tank. They are currently in QT and will be there for the next 12 weeks at minimum..

Garret's Acropolis Cardnus(Sp??)
5111cardnus.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake - purchased from Paul at Fantastic Frags as a 1" frag 3 CFM's ago..
5111ss.jpg

Simplex
5111simplex.jpg

what the heck Mother Of Pearl - One of the nicest coralite structures I've seen. It doesn't appear to look anything like what the heck's original picture. Mine is just starting to color up, but you can already see the sick blue polyps, green and orangish undertone and the purple base is starting to settle in.. Can't wait for this piece to grow out.
5111mop1.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back