Scratch's 75 gallon build...The time has come!!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
So, have a small update...lol... rocks are in the brute can getting a bleach bath. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll be able to go pick up tank and stand from storage unit and bring it home. Start new job on April 15, so I have the next 12 days to work on it. First thing will be to modify the dry side control cabinet and after that will be to add casters to the stand. Still remodeling our townhouse so tank will eventually have to move to install new flooring and I don't want to have to drain it completely to do so. Will update again once tank and stand are here.

20200403_214727.jpg

OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
First batch of rocks are out, rinsed and air drying. Temps are in mid 80's today so should dry quickly, just have to wait on the bleach smell to dissipate before bringing them in. Second batch is in the brute now. My gyre quit working as I was pulling the first batch out, pulled it and rinsed it off real good and let it dry out, will test it later to see if its ok.
20200404_133600.jpg
20200404_133613.jpg

OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Spent part of my afternoon laying out my rockscape. Nothing is permantly stuck together as of yet, still trying to decide if I like it or not. Main view will be left side and center, except for when I'm in my kitchen, tank will be in my dining area, we live in a townhouse and basically from living room to kitchen is one room. Let me know what y'all think. Pics to follow.

OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rocks and glue...mitten hands. It's actually the most challenging for me.
Scaping is not usually my thing either, I'm going to use hydraulic cement this time mixed with a little bit of acrylic bonding agent...basic the same as Emarco-400. Had a devil of a time last time I did my scape trying to use super glue and jb water weld...everything except my rocks got glued that day...:rolleyes:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Scaping is not usually my thing either, I'm going to use hydraulic cement this time mixed with a little bit of acrylic bonding agent...basic the same as Emarco-400. Had a devil of a time last time I did my scape trying to use super glue and jb water weld...everything except my rocks got glued that day...:rolleyes:
I have one structure that I'm using acrylic rods with. Such a pain. Haven't gotten the look right yet.

OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
I have one structure that I'm using acrylic rods with. Such a pain. Haven't gotten the look right yet.
Yeah, I'm going to be using some 1/4" nylon bolts on some of my structures, and I'm sure it will be somewhat different once its completed. Right now everything is just kinda balanced, still trying to decide if I likeit enough to start gluing it together...will sit and look at it for a while tomorrow probably start gluing on Wednesday.

Do we test our water too much and for too many things nowadays?

• Yes

Votes: 140 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 49.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors