Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here we go again! Tired of keeping up with multiple tanks to feed the addiction so we have shut down the Reefer 250 and in its place will go a 48”x24”x22” Starphire CDAquarium. Per the title there will be many a wrasse swimming around here soon, At least 10... Additional systems will be emptied as well once this gal is ready. Tank was ordered around Memorial Day and finally arrived about a week ago. Overall I am pleased with the experience and quality of the tank. A couple of minor things that only the owner will ever notice but I can live with and expect that with an affordable custom glass box sent by train/truck across the continent.

We have Starphire on the three viewing panels, a double Eurobrace top, PVC lined eurobraced bottom, Synergy Shadow overflow, built in electrical compartment on left side and what they call armored seams. Essentially strips of glass in each inside corner that protect the silicone from errant Mag Floats or scrapers. I think it gives the tank a nice look almost like there’s a frame around it.

We’ll be moving the 2016 Apex over here from another setup and using the COR 15 return pump and adding WAV pumps for flow. By all accounts they crank and the price point is right compared to the MP-40’s. I had planned to keep my Gyre 230’s but they get loud runnning at 75% + about 5 feet from my couch. We’ll be going with two Atlantik V4’s to light her up though I’ll start with just the one I have now and add a 2nd sometime down the road as the tank matures and we add some sticks.

We’re going to give the Triton Method a shot here. I’ve said time and time again that overall I’m a pretty lazy reefer so hopefully by following Triton I’m able to not feel so guilty about my neglect. Here’s the first look now that she’s on the stand in her final resting place. Pics aren't great but they'll suffice for now. Loads to do of course so thats enough for now.

20181020_112543.jpg
20181020_112549.jpg
20181020_112618.jpg
20181020_112628.jpg
20181020_112653.jpg
20181020_112806.jpg
20181020_112818.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current FTS: 4/4/20

6CCDBF6B-522F-4043-A311-70E0216D8C79.png

No Longer Wrasseless :) ..!.. Velvet

Current Stock List: (15)

Pintail Fairy Wrasse
Flame Fairy Wrasse
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Red Margin Fairy Wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse
Diamond Tail Flasher
Blue Flasher
Radiant Wrasse
Midas Blennie
Borbonius Anthias
Lyretail Anthias
Saphire Damsel
Purple Tang
Mimic/Chocolate Tang
Copperband Butterfly

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you ever move from that spot? Tank/TV... Can you work from home?
Its unlikely ill spend much time elsewhere isn’t it?!? Need to find a higher TV stand, tank kind of overshadows it now.

And yep, im home about 3 days a week :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday progress report. PVC cement was a solid glob so no setting in the return plumbing. Luckily thats all I need to cement in place. Ordered up lights for the cabinet, new cement, An Alexa for Apex integration, wire management trays and some fasteners for mounting controllers. Funny how we always overlook the little things but i want to do it right the first time.

So what did we actually accomplish? Not much. Wanted the boxes of rocks out of the living room so I started a scape. Spent a couple of hours working and wound up with this. I like it but it still needs some work. Need to stretch it out a little end to end, possibly totally separating the left side and right sides. I also need to re-hang the light to get a better feel on shadowing. Will get to that this week.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back