Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday progress report. PVC cement was a solid glob so no setting in the return plumbing. Luckily thats all I need to cement in place. Ordered up lights for the cabinet, new cement, An Alexa for Apex integration, wire management trays and some fasteners for mounting controllers. Funny how we always overlook the little things but i want to do it right the first time.

So what did we actually accomplish? Not much. Wanted the boxes of rocks out of the living room so I started a scape. Spent a couple of hours working and wound up with this. I like it but it still needs some work. Need to stretch it out a little end to end, possibly totally separating the left side and right sides. I also need to re-hang the light to get a better feel on shadowing. Will get to that this week.

image.jpg
image.jpg
I would leave this piece as is and maybe add a small island with a cave for hiding on the right side. I would love to have this piece in my tank. You have room for coral, swim throughs etc. I already have a new scape built and ready to get wet whenever I'm ready but now I would love to do another one based on this structure. If I thought I could sell scapes for a living and it it didn't cost so much for rock, I could do that all day everyday.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave this piece as is and maybe add a small island with a cave for hiding on the right side. I would love to have this piece in my tank. You have room for coral, swim throughs etc. I already have a new scape built and ready to get wet whenever I'm ready but now I would love to do another one based on this structure. If I thought I could sell scapes for a living and it it didn't cost so much for rock, I could do that all day everyday.
Thats certainly a job i wouldnt mind doing evey day! For the most part im happy with this. Just needs a little tweaking. My only must have is ample space on the bottom for a big fat Trachy.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got completely snubbed by Marco when I was setting up my 90. This was during the hurricane last year but even after they returned, he never followed up on multiple emails I sent.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got completely snubbed by Marco when I was setting up my 90. This was during the hurricane last year but even after they returned, he never followed up on multiple emails I sent.
That stinks. We understand things happen but being ignored is the worst. Your scape turned out great without them!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back