OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on two weeks now. Kept it in multiple spots for 2 or 3 days a piece. I tried low to moderate flow, different areas in the tank, under ledges and out in the open over the first 10 days or so. It just never inflated. When I started seeing more skeleton and tiny spots of algae I move it out into the 40b with T5 lighting but it's still declining and losing tissue. Sadly I don't see it recovering at this point.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the DD image followed by my sadness.

ACF78852-555B-4DD2-AE07-3E07FE04B39B.png

8C6F249C-4CED-47B2-8C43-D18836074F37.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on two weeks now. Kept it in multiple spots for 2 or 3 days a piece. I tried low to moderate flow, different areas in the tank, under ledges and out in the open over the first 10 days or so. It just never inflated. When I started seeing more skeleton and tiny spots of algae I move it out into the 40b with T5 lighting but it's still declining and losing tissue. Sadly I don't see it recovering at this point.
Try an iodine dip and stability... sorry it didn't work out in the 110.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try an iodine dip and stability... sorry it didn't work out in the 110.
Ill give it a shot this evening. At this point its probably only got a day or two left. The dip may put it out of its misery but worth a shot.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny, my pink one was all retracted after I moved him to give him space. Put him back right next to him and he inflated in about an hour. Now he's all inflated and touching the green one

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny, my pink one was all retracted after I moved him to give him space. Put him back right next to him and he inflated in about an hour. Now he's all inflated and touching the green one
Sounds like an old couple heartbroken by losing its partner... Reunited and it feels so good is now playing in my head. :)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't really see it in that pic but it's there.... And for some reason it's not bothering them at all. My Goniopora is unaffected as well. Euphillia are a little peeved as well as some zoas and gorgonian, Sunny Ds and Christmas monti not really affected either. It bothers some while other not much.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring it on up and we can see if it would like it too. ;)
So weird how certain things react to the challenges. I will guess the LPS are able to keep the crap off their polyps better than the zoa’s and gorgonian. The only protection they have is to hide. I would think the Monti’s would struggle too but i guess not.

Anyway, Lets see if the dip helps the Trachy tonight. It’s pretty far gone already seeing it in person.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a happier note my wrasse will be getting an upgrade to his bedroom with room to add a couple more sand sleepers. Probably a leopard or three to round out the wrasse stock. I have a couple more of these as well but will see how these integrate into the scape.

ABDF063C-C842-474F-8049-3C628FAB4E9C.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are really cool ! !
I agree! They have a great purple, black color to them too, they arent nearly as white as they look in the picture. Alternative Reef made them years ago... I recently posted asking if they could resurect them for a limited run and never got a reply but another member saw my post and had 5 of them, never used collecting dust so I took em all!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back