OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so cool the female looks after him. Do you have to target feed him or can he find food on his own?
I usually target the anemone. He’ll take bits of LRS or mysis from the anemone tentacles. Theres also a bit of a dead spot under the rocks where food will gather when the pump kicks back on. He sometimes snacks on that too if he bumps into it.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning we cleaned the WAV’s and planted some seeds. Not seeing a frag rack in the tank makes me happy! Still not cleaning glass (Read something that piqued my interest) so shots may be hazy.

Oh yeah, I soaked a couple wrasse dens in Microbacter7 for a couple days amd dropped them in yesterday too. One more soaking along with some sand to fill them with. Maybe tomorrow we do that amd then go hands off a while.

94FE9AC1-30E5-462C-8B13-FE194D5C5860.jpeg

8EE6D42E-B631-4CB0-AE4B-A719F65AF6FB.jpeg

9283B780-E7C3-4C07-82CE-1258897FE386.jpeg

17E15D49-C94F-4160-8EB7-2B4779B65311.jpeg

EDDB2C03-CABE-4C24-A156-012DBC0D85C8.jpeg

3B3FE5BA-EBE9-42A8-9ECB-C2EE5EAFEBAB.jpeg

3DC9D7F3-F53C-43D8-A7F5-9B20B2F0ADB2.jpeg

DE6269E8-E407-493F-AFD3-7E690635003D.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay acro seeds!!!

acropora_seeds1.jpg

I'm interested in this no cleaning the glass thing and what you may or may not have heard...

Nothing outlandish really. I had seen the beginings of Dino’s forming over a week or two. This is what prompted me to finally soak/add the Brightwell brick w/Microbacter I had bought before we setup. In an effort to let better things populate and outcompete the Dino’s in the display the idea is to let the glass go and clean a bit less.

So in conjunction with the Brightwell, I bumped the photoperiod and intensity in the fuge, dimmed the lights to almost zero and sucked them out with a turkey baster each evening for 7-10 days. Stopped them in their tracks. Definitely Dino but no clue what strain. Nothing Id seen in my other tanks that had them. More of a new tank Dino I guess and I certainly dont have low nutrients!

Seeing more spots/patches of Coraline now as well as a little brown hair alage. The coraline is just normal as part of the new tank timeline but the hair algae Im taking as a good sign in this case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are much bigger than I had originally thought. The wrasse should love those.
Still need to work on placement a bit so they integrate better into the scape but overall Im very pleased.

Last edited:

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing outlandish really. I had seen the beginings of Dino’s forming over a week or two. This is what prompted me to finally soak/add the Brightwell brick w/Microbacter I had bought before we setup. In an effort to let better things populate amd outcompete the Dino’s in the display the idea is to let the glass go and clean a bit less.

So in conjunction with the Brightwell, I bumped the photoperiod and intensity in the fuge, dimmed the lights to almost zero and sucked them out with a turkey baster each evening for 7-10 days. Stopped them in their tracks. Definitely Dino but no clue what strain. Nothing Id seen in my other tanks that had them. More of a new tank Dino I guess and I certainly dont have low nutrients!

Seeing more spots/patches of Coraline now as well as a little brown hair alage. The coraline is just normal as part of the new tank timeline but the hair algae Im taking as a good sign it this case.

Whew... glad the dinos didn't get out. Watch that guy with the can of shaving cream...

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to right thread :)

@Fudsey @Katrina71 I told you if we speak of it then it happens!! The Dino started right about the same time as that conversation. Why it only works with the bad stuff and not the lottery I’ll never know.

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know if it wasn't for my zoas, gsp, gorg & nems looking P. offed then my strain of them wouldn't bother me as much. It is not like the snotty bubble stuff I had in the rescue tank covering everything.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone just let Dino's do what they do and eventually go away? I'm curious. GHA and cyano go away naturally if you wait it out...
Good question....

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns are Sad and cute at the same time. Lucky he is in a tank and not the ocean or he would be lunch.

humans could learn from the fish and probably all get along better
I agree completely. I may try moving the Nem that moved back towards the original spot and see if it’ll stay put. Wishful thinking but It’s torture seeing him lost so often now. I could deal with it whe it wa since every 2 or 3 weeks but now can be as frequently as 5 times a day :(

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone just let Dino's do what they do and eventually go away? I'm curious. GHA and cyano go away naturally if you wait it out...
I’m sure some have done it they just don’t post about it. the fact that they can be toxic where the other things generally aren’t would be my guess as to why people tend to act. They’re also generally much uglier than the other two.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back