Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, Forgot to update that didn’t I? He died more or less the moment I dipped it. Was really already gone but the remaining tissue dumped at that point :(
Bummer, I'm sorry to hear:(

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, I'm sorry to hear:(
Will try again down the road... I found my salinity was way out of line at 1.020 and suspect this was my issue. Changed salt brands from Red Sea Blue to Tropic Marin Pro but never checked my fresh mix. Simply continued my RedSea measurements. I should know better!!

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will try again down the road... I found my salinity was way out of line at 1.020 and suspect this was my issue. Changed salt brands from Red Sea Blue to Tropic Marin Pro but never checked my fresh mix. Simply continued my RedSea measurements. I should know better!!
Oopsie.... ;)

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still are closed up. Dinos are doing a number on them. I try and feed them a mysis every couple days but I don't know... I am around this weekend but not sure how it would go.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, after going through 6 pages to catch up I everything seems to be going well! I've turned notifications on and off on this thread a million times and still don't get the alerts. Oh well, keep the updates coming! I'll be back!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still are closed up. Dinos are doing a number on them. I try and feed them a mysis every couple days but I don't know... I am around this weekend but not sure how it would go.
Not sure on how they’d fare or how to remove one? Ive got some experience as a contortionist Nem getter if thats the worry, LoL. In all seriousness though It can wait. I have something for them in the short term but Im not sure I want it in the 110 long term. Its green. Theres no avoiding green but im trying to limit it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, after going through 6 pages to catch up I everything seems to be going well! I've turned notifications on and off on this thread a million times and still don't get the alerts. Oh well, keep the updates coming! I'll be back!
Will try to remember to tag you if anything exciting happens :) Like New England weather just wait 30 minutes and it can all go to hell!!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dropped the two Saphire Damsels in and re-introduced the KwaZulu Fairy that was getting abused by the Blue Throat. The Blue Damsels are a nice contrast and break up the orange and red in a lot of the wrasse.

That gets us to 10 on the fish count and free’s up the 40 to take in tomorrows guests plus the last 2 fish in a holding tub. The Yellow Tang and Red Mandarin. The Blue Throats going to the LFS tomorrow or Friday. @Fudsey I’m not sure I’d feel good about handing him off to anyone I know or I would have offered. He’s a terror... A Beautiful, Flashing Terror ;)

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy nice choice on the sapphire damsel. My local LFS over the summer turned me on to them. I would like to do 3 or maybe 2

Also why no melanurus wrasse
I wasn't sure how he'd fare without the sand bed and was debating bringing him into the LFS when Fudsey found a bristleworm population he wanted to thin out in his tank so he went to live in the country :)

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's doing great too. Can't say he put much of a dent in the bristle worms, but he's fat and happy. He gets along with everyone and there really is no aggression in my tank. The 2 Spot and the Foxface will flash at each other on occasion but no contact and usually they are in close proximity to each other. The male frostbite and the Melanurus chum around with them as well.... Kinda funny watching them all in one corner sometimes.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's doing great too. Can't say he put much of a dent in the bristle worms, but he's fat and happy. He gets along with everyone and there really is no aggression in my tank. The 2 Spot and the Foxface will flash at each other on occasion but no contact and usually they are in close proximity to each other. The male frostbite and the Melanurus chum around with them as well.... Kinda funny watching them all in one corner sometimes.
Funny how they gather...I think everyones fish do that. Mine at a certain time each evening seem to all wind up in one corner having a little party. @NY_Caveman This must be when they meet and discuss the days Human2Human threads.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back