Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!!

How do the Lunatus and Isosceles get along?

My wife and daughters want me to get a PBT but dont have a horizontal swimming space....although it would be great excuse to upgrade to bigger cube or tank!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the video! Tank is looking great, I bet it looks awesome in person! That's a lot of light, I guess I never realized it! haha Do you think 1 fixture would have covered the tank?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking GREAT ! ! !

If you do get some leopards, get an extra and I'll get it from you ;) Torch is looking spectacular and is about the same size as the mother :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really digging this one AW in CT just got in yesterday.

Screenshot_20190305-163315_Facebook.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a trust worthy LFS that stocks lots of healthy fish ;)
Aquatic Wildlife is phenomenal. Have u gotten down there yet? If not, we should plan a trip.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! Your tank confirms for me that I need a couple more fairy wrasses to get the dynamic right. Having three hasn’t worked out for me... I think 4-5 would be better.
Yeah the more the merrier in a 120!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the Lunatus and Isosceles get along?

My wife and daughters want me to get a PBT but dont have a horizontal swimming space....although it would be great excuse to upgrade to bigger cube or tank!
The isosceles is definitely the boss of the fairies and will set any one of them strait when needed. I'd be lying if I said he didn't pay a little more attention to the Lunatus but nothing I would deem excessive by any stretch at this point. We'll see if that continues as the Lunatus matures. If Im being honest with myself I know I'll most certainly need to rehome the PBT down the road a ways but i couldnt resist this one, his color was just phenomenal and he was an okay size for this 4 foot tank. Should be okay for a couple of years.

Looking good! Your tank confirms for me that I need a couple more fairy wrasses to get the dynamic right. Having three hasn’t worked out for me... I think 4-5 would be better.
If your tank permits it then I say go for it. My fairies weren't acting quite so natural for a little while there but once I added the tangs the dyanamic shifted for the better. Instead of only other wrasse swimming around creating uncertainty within the group adding the two bigger fish shifted things in a possitive way.

Do you think 1 fixture would have covered the tank?
I would have been okay with one on a softy/LPS tank for sure and probably could have gotten away with SPS in the upper middle areas but if I want wall to wall sticks, top to bottom I felt the 2nd light was a must have. Were it not for the Black Friday pricing Id probably still have just the one.

If you do get some leopards, get an extra and I'll get it from you ;) Torch is looking spectacular and is about the same size as the mother

Tropic Isle in Framingham had a small harem of Bipartus when I was there yesterday. It took eveyrhitng I had to walk out with out 3 of them! I think I'll hold out for something a little more unique. I LOVE the torch, Can't tank you enough!

Aquatic Wildlife is phenomenal. Have u gotten down there yet?

I have not... I haven't even heard of that one. Is it newer?

How much bond money would one need for a baby yellow Tang? Asking for a friend of course.

These days I'm not even sure... Ive seen them from regular old $35 pricing from before the Hawaii ban up to $100 for captive bred. I got this pretty lady pre-ban at about 1.5" for $40 I think.

Nice videos, Loved the overview.

Thanks Caveman! It's only been a few months and aside from the Aiptasia I managed to bring in Im extremely happy with where things are headed!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really digging this one AW in CT just got in yesterday.

Screenshot_20190305-163315_Facebook.jpg
Beautiful fish for sure but not sure I'd go that route with a bare bottom. I think he gets bigger than Im comfortable with keeping sand sleepers in make shift housing. I do have a few more wrasse dens if I ever need them though!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the video! Tank is looking great, I bet it looks awesome in person! That's a lot of light, I guess I never realized it! haha Do you think 1 fixture would have covered the tank?
I've just tweaked the lighting schedule to match that tank featured by 915Mang this past weekend. I am really digging the new looks! I was lacking in my UV/Infrared intensity which has completely changed the game in coloration of the fish and few corals I have now. I have really high hopes moving forward!! Keep on me about making video's.... It's no secret I am one LAZY reefer! LoL

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back