Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had a perfect size purple tang for $99 that I almost grabbed too but resisted that urge. Angels normally arent my bag but she is gorgeous and will get me some points with my gal.
But what's more fun than spending 4 weeks training a yellow and a purple to get along?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Might have finally achieved peace and quiet. Don't expect them to be snuggle buddies any time soon but they are behaving.

Juvenile fish are a good thing!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take you to convince the yellow and the powder blue to play well together?

They look absolutely beautiful together.
Thanks! I like the contrast they provide too. They were more or less ok with each other immediately. Aside from the initial fin flare, tail slap and stare down in the first few minutes all’s been mostly cool between them. I see the occasional Flare up but nothing alarming. I added them within a couple of hours of one another of course so nobody had any real territory to defend.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx! The time has flown by for sure. Being my 4th tank in 3 years it has become a lot easier to be patient in some regards but knowing when to just leave it alone and let things settle on their own has been a big difference. In my first setup I fought every little thing tooth and nail for the first 10 months which only set me back and caused more problems.

Here I really beleive the fuge pack I picked up from IPSF.com around Thanksgiving brought quite a bit to the table I had been lacking in previous builds. Lets hope the good times keep rolling!
Would you tell me what IPSF.com stands for. All I seem to find is an insurance co. Thanks

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Girl is demolishing food. I do hate seeing her in the box but necessary due to psychotic tangs. The flaring has diminished mostly but She’ll stay put until Sunday eveing.

Good call!

I hope the formal introduction goes very for them.....and you!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Girl is demolishing food. I do hate seeing her in the box but necessary due to psychotic tangs. The flaring has diminished mostly but She’ll stay put until Sunday eveing.
Hey scurvy, my purple is not happy with this new one. I seen this little guy and grabbed it, any ideas? Lfs was calling them all fairies
20190322_212910.jpeg
20190322_212941.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey scurvy, my purple is not happy with this new one. I seen this little guy and grabbed it, any ideas? Lfs was calling them all fairies
20190322_212910.jpeg
20190322_212941.jpeg
Thats a female tricolor. I like that tye dye look! It may hide a few days if the purple is harassing her. I had one hide for a couple of weeks at one point that my yellow didn’t accept right away.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well she’s out of the box. PBT immediately wemt after her with no signs of losing interest so out comes the wardrobe mirror. So far thats occupied him to no end while she finds her way around the tank. Shes even chasing herself around at this point.

9F8B77D1-DAFD-45BD-A2C2-35AE232B9066.jpeg

548B7C17-6EC5-48A4-8BFC-199699938DE9.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back