Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i had an older version of the two little fishies rust on me. They sent me the new version that is sealed. I like their clip a lot and still use it. Th original version wasn't sealed well.

Is there a way to tell new vs old version?
I got the two little fishy one from an LFS so not sure how long it may have sat around
I am having a problem with my Display, something is in the system. I looked at mine and it looks fine?? ill try to twist on it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a problem with my Display, something is in the system. I looked at mine and it looks fine?? ill try to twist on it.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy and @Crabby48 The old version magnet casing was simply held together using a basic rubber band type gasget while the new one is laser sealed I believe.... So the old one will come apart given enough force. I never even noticed the old one came apart until it randomly seperated on me while cleaning it. I had cleaned it a hundred times before and never noticed it would seperate so keep that in mind when you are checking it. It may need a good tug.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy and @Crabby48 The old version magnet casing was simply held together using a basic rubber band type gasget while the new one is laser sealed I believe.... So the old one will come apart given enough force. I never even noticed the old one came apart until it randomly seperated on me while cleaning it. I had cleaned it a hundred times before and never noticed it would seperate so keep that in mind when you are checking it. It may need a good tug.

No comment on that good tug thing... :eek:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, Got my Alk back up to 7.7. Seems 11ml per day is the dose at this point. Sending off an ICP tomorrow to see if my numbers are in line with theirs and also to spot check after 8 months. Metals are a possibility after finding that rusted veggie clip and before we try again with acros I want to know!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back