OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your disco lights on the echo? I'm about to have serious envy.
If they’re compatible then they will be... Haven’t gotten that far into it. I figured that if I can have a talking tank for the cost of a $30 refurbed echo then I may as well try it out. Will be a nice bonus if she’ll turn on the cabinet lights too.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re compatible then they will be... Haven’t gotten that far into it. I figured that if I can have a talking tank for the cost of a $30 refurbed echo then I may as well try it out. Will be a nice bonus if she’ll turn on the cabinet lights too.

I was looking at the Amazon link you sent me for the lights last night. If you have the wifi adapter that was shown, I'm pretty sure they are compatible with Alexa.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the Amazon link you sent me for the lights last night. If you have the wifi adapter that was shown, I'm pretty sure they are compatible with Alexa.

Awesome! I knew the lights worked with an android app but wasn’t sure if I could sync that App with the Echo. I’m hopeful now!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may be starting to fill her up in a bit! Gonna take about 24 hours strait direct from the RODI so I’m working on stringing tubing from the closest bathroom. Had to move the RO unit 1st and now looking for the right sink adapter. Of course its different from the sink where the unit normally sits.

@pelphrey talked me into a strait RODI fill so if i flood the house we get to blame him! ;)

I said....

279CCAEA-9736-4149-ABB3-BCB4DB55F8A6.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of funny being in the same house but this sink produces 40 tds out of the tap where the other bathroom sink produces 90 tds. Generally speaking I knew I had pretty good water here based upon what Ive read that others get out of their tap but I’ll have to think about keeping the unit in this bathroom permanently.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of funny being in the same house but this sink produces 40 tds out of the tap where the other bathroom sink produces 90 tds. Generally speaking I knew I had pretty good water here based upon what Ive read that others get out of their tap but I’ll have to think about keeping the unit in this bathroom permanently.
40tds is awesome. I average 70-90.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would think that would even out after letting water run though for a few minutes! Same water source, should get same output. Otherwise I would be VERY confused, or even concerned about the state of my piping!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40tds is awesome. I average 70-90.
That’s very good too. I sometimes see folks say 300 or read about them going through DI resin after 100 gallons which blows my mind.

I normally replace filters and resins once a year but only as a “best practice” rather than out of any need.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that would even out after letting water run though for a few minutes! Same water source, should get same output. Otherwise I would be VERY confused, or even concerned about the state of my piping!
Yeah, You’re probably right. This was after running about 20 minutes. Not sure Ive ever looked at the regular source sink after runnning the unit that long. I usually look after 5 minutes or so.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I add these to the Marketplace I figured I ask friends if any of you need an Apex probe holder or Lux meter? This is the famous $13 Lux meter made famous or at least made famous to me by our very own @saltyfilmfolks

$25 shipped for probe holder
$10 shipped for the Lux meter - It’s all shipping essentially :)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I add these to the Marketplace I figured I ask friends if any of you need an Apex probe holder or Lux meter? This is the famous $13 Lux meter made famous or at least made famous to me by our very own @saltyfilmfolks

$25 shipped for probe holder
$10 shipped for the Lux meter - It’s all shipping essentially :)
Lol.

:cool:;Clown

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may be starting to fill her up in a bit! Gonna take about 24 hours strait direct from the RODI so I’m working on stringing tubing from the closest bathroom. Had to move the RO unit 1st and now looking for the right sink adapter. Of course its different from the sink where the unit normally sits.

@pelphrey talked me into a strait RODI fill so if i flood the house we get to blame him! ;)

I said....

279CCAEA-9736-4149-ABB3-BCB4DB55F8A6.jpeg

HAHAHA how did the test fill go?!?! Successful I know!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%

Back