Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure how he'd fare without the sand bed and was debating bringing him into the LFS when Fudsey found a bristleworm population he wanted to thin out in his tank so he went to live in the country :)

I think I remember that now. Glad he is enjoying the country with Fudsey

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy nice choice on the sapphire damsel. My local LFS over the summer turned me on to them. I would like to do 3 or maybe 2

Also why no melanurus wrasse
The Saphire Damsels are supposed to be the more peaceful of the Damsels. These two mostly leave the other fish alone but do beat each other up periodically. Ive had to pull one or the other and place in an acclimation container to recover for a week or two more than once. They divide the tank and rarely venture into the others territory but when one does rome they duke it out.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Saphire Damsels are supposed to be the more peaceful of the Damsels. These two mostly leave the other fish alone but do beat each other up periodically. Ive had to pull one or the other and place in an acclimation container to recover for a week or two more than once. They divide the tank and rarely venture into the others territory but when one does rome they duke it out.
Yellow tails aren't to bad. Have three in my 55 love the blue and yellow. Make the cinnamon clown pop.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was told they do better in group of 3. He always had luck with 3 so it is ones opinion. He said sometimes there is a little aggression. For the color I think it will be worth to try.

Also every time I see a new batch the group stay close. He keeps them for awhile in frag tanks then sells them

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told they do better in group of 3. He always had luck with 3 so it is ones opinion. He said sometimes there is a little aggression. For the color I think it will be worth to try.

Also every time I see a new batch the group stay close. He keeps them for awhile in frag tanks then sells them
That's how I keep mine in a group of 3. They never stray far from each other

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's how I keep mine in a group of 3. They never stray far from each other
I hadnt heard that but I can see it working out better. Doubt Id get away with adding another this point. I dont see these two becoming fast friends!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadnt heard that but I can see it working out better. Doubt Id get away with adding another this point. I dont see these two becoming fast friends!

I can see trying to add a third may not work out. My plan was to get 3 that he has and hope they stay friends. Sometimes fish are hit and miss I guess

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mexican Turbo’s rocking out! 10 minutes in and the cleanups well underway. Added 5. Will pull a couple after a few daysband relocate to the Biocube. 2nd stage of uglies coming on a bit in both tanks.

3E27AC3E-EE55-406D-A1CD-3EAB1FE3DC3F.jpeg

Also added 15 Trochus

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here we go again! Tired of keeping up with multiple tanks to feed the addiction so we have shut down the Reefer 250 and in its place will go a 48”x24”x22” Starphire CDAquarium. Per the title there will be many a wrasse swimming around here soon, At least 10... Additional systems will be emptied as well once this gal is ready. Tank was ordered around Memorial Day and finally arrived about a week ago. Overall I am pleased with the experience and quality of the tank. A couple of minor things that only the owner will ever notice but I can live with and expect that with an affordable custom glass box sent by train/truck across the continent.

We have Starphire on the three viewing panels, a double Eurobrace top, PVC lined eurobraced bottom, Synergy Shadow overflow, built in electrical compartment on left side and what they call armored seams. Essentially strips of glass in each inside corner that protect the silicone from errant Mag Floats or scrapers. I think it gives the tank a nice look almost like there’s a frame around it.

We’ll be moving the 2016 Apex over here from another setup and using the COR 15 return pump and adding WAV pumps for flow. By all accounts they crank and the price point is right compared to the MP-40’s. I had planned to keep my Gyre 230’s but they get loud runnning at 75% + about 5 feet from my couch. We’ll be going with two Atlantik V4’s to light her up though I’ll start with just the one I have now and add a 2nd sometime down the road as the tank matures and we add some sticks.

We’re going to give the Triton Method a shot here. I’ve said time and time again that overall I’m a pretty lazy reefer so hopefully by following Triton I’m able to not feel so guilty about my neglect. Here’s the first look now that she’s on the stand in her final resting place. Pics aren't great but they'll suffice for now. Loads to do of course so thats enough for now.

20181020_112543.jpg
20181020_112549.jpg
20181020_112618.jpg
20181020_112628.jpg
20181020_112653.jpg
20181020_112806.jpg
20181020_112818.jpg

Nice slippers ;)

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tails aren't to bad. Have three in my 55 love the blue and yellow. Make the cinnamon clown pop.

I have 3 azures. They stay focused on each other and stay near the rocks. Love the color and movement.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all Rainbows and Unicorns today. We had some fish envy after seeing NY_Cavemans clown. A pair pooped up on DD that I scooped up.

1BB155CC-E663-4B2C-B6D2-D9A458FFECED.png

They arrived well enough. Acclimated them together for 45 min and plopped em in the 40B. The female passed within 30 minutes but the Male is fine aside from losing his mate of course. Kind of strange to be honest. Not sure what happened. Wasnt a salinity or temp swing. Not a new tank so not ammonia. Was Bizarre as far as fish losses Ive experienced before.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back