OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par monster lights! Interested to see where the PO4 lands!
Oh yeah. I hadn't shared that here.

So PO4 was pretty solid at .03 after the GFO experiment. I fed Reef Roids Sunday night. Not what I would consider excessive by any means. PO4 came in at .55 Monday morning. .2 Monday evening and down to .1 as of 5pm.

A spike was expected but that was a HUGE spike for less than a teaspoon in 120g of water.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brother! Im getting more and more happy with it by the day!

Had my first possible casualty yesterday. Delayed a day on breaking out the Seneye after making the lighting changes and had the Cali Tort start to RTN.

Par was around 600 on the top of most of the rock work. Got it down to a peak of 460 on the highest peaks/milli mountain and 280/340ish middle areas then 150 on the bottom glass.

5825F125-9183-4BD8-AAF6-C8B49BBF16C9.jpeg

Happy you caught it in time!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy you caught it in time!
Me too... I’m generally a very lazy reefer but am determined to be better this go around!

I haven’t asked but I remembered you were thinking about building a plywood tank.... Where did you land?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too... I’m generally a very lazy reefer but am determined to be better this go around!

I haven’t asked but I remembered you were thinking about building a plywood tank.... Where did you land?

It's a long story and somewhat sad. Suffice it to say, I was not able to get anything going. Kudos on your memory recall!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef roids will get your everytime! I really need a super small measuring spoon before I use that stuff again!

Tank is looking great! How is the bio cube?
Biocubes chugging along. Overdue for some work since Ive been tied up messing around with this one. The downside of multiple tanks. One usually suffers.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that ! ! !
Little extra work getting him fed but I really want to keep him going. Sometimes i think he’s the cutest little fish and other times I feel a little bad but he’d be a snack in the ocean and he’s not suffering with me so....

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with this heatwave I know i wont be able to have the windows open really any time soon. Then we go away and my nephews watch the tank/dog and also never open a window so to prevent PH from falling below 8 overnight we rigged up the CO2 scrubber.

I may still add a split line to the skimmer that I can open/close for better air control but for now we’re in business.

** Didnt work so to You Tube I go.
We may as well test out direct video uploads while we’re at it.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting having it go through the water.
I used to just add a little water to the bottom of the reactor but found it never lasted. They say this should keep the air moist through the media and prolong its life.

Or I just like making bongs o_O :)

Back