OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen people put the inlet tube into the top of the skimmer to suck the smelly moist air from there ;)
I often find my skimmate to dry and foaming through the air holes on the skimmer cover. I did debate just sliding some tubing in there and calling it a day but this way seemed safer rather than risking a clog the air line.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also have a Nudi sighting in the sump. They've grown!

7F600634-101E-4C83-89AD-AB6B005BE1E3.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with this heatwave I know i wont be able to have the windows open really any time soon. Then we go away and my nephews watch the tank/dog and also never open a window so to prevent PH from falling below 8 overnight we rigged up the CO2 scrubber.

I may still add a split line to the skimmer that I can open/close for better air control but for now we’re in business.

** Didnt work so to You Tube I go.
We may as well test out direct video uploads while we’re at it.

That'll do the trick!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have to say, that in light of your temptation to hang it all up after your recent very unfortunate happenings, I am happy you are still here. I have learned from you but, more importantly, grown to look forward to your posts embedded with your sense of humor. I am very certain that we would, no doubt, get along quite well in "real" life!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brother, I couldn’t agree more! I feel like we need to keep things light being this is a hobby and is supposed to be fun!

The exit talk was mostly out of frustration but it was certainly a possibility if the recovery went south for some reason. It’s amazing looking back that April 1 we had a disaster and where the tank’s sitting now!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish snacking on @RichtheReefer21 Fuge grown Ulva! Sorry I forgot to mute TV :)

Very nice!

May I suggest some music playing in the background next time. Instead of what sounded a little bit like a B rated English movie from the 80's. Just a suggestion. Unless, of course, you're into music that features shooting cops and abusing women.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

May I suggest some music playing in the background next time. Instead of what sounded a little bit like a B rated English movie from the 80's. Just a suggestion. Unless, of course, you're into music that features shooting cops and abusing women.
Good ears! You nailed it, was a rerun of The Tudors on HBO. TV’s just been on since this morning. Music would’ve been better!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ears! You nailed it, was a rerun of The Tudors on HBO. TV’s just been on since this morning. Music would’ve been better!

Music is always better.

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u7.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish snacking on @RichtheReefer21 Fuge grown Ulva! Sorry I forgot to mute TV :)

Very nice!

I was impressed it wasn't something worse
OMG! That was hilarious. Man, that @Scurvy has some real serious fish

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! That was hilarious. Man, that @Scurvy has some real serious fish
Ya I cant wait for the qt batch to come out. More vids to come of wrasses and gold rimmed tangs flying around the 110!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We let the new guys out of the clink last night a couple of hours before lights out. Other than the existing males competing over who gets to court the new female Rhomboid and the Yellow Tang making sure the Anthias knows who the boss is all has so far gone well! It’s early yet but both newbies accounted for this morning.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We let the new guys out of the clink last night a couple of hours before lights out. Other than the existing males competing over who gets to court the new female Rhomboid and the Yellow Tang making sure the Anthias knows who the boss is all has so far gone well! It’s early yet but both newbies accounted for this morning.
Nice. Pics when the lights come on?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back