OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call off the amber alert, She came out to eat. Don't know where she's hiding but I cant find her. Seems to be okay. I suspect the Yellow Tang or Angel is giving her grief. Ive seen the Yellow Tang do it, the Angel is sneakier about it.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call off the amber alert, She came out to eat. Don't know where she's hiding but I cant find her. Seems to be okay. I suspect the Yellow Tang or Angel is giving her grief. Ive seen the Yellow Tang do it, the Angel is sneakier about it.

Hopefully they dont do anything too stupid. Glad to hear u spotted her..

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever do something so stupid you just want to bang your head against a wall til you bleed?

Decided Id do another 20g water change this evening since I wont be around for the next few weekends. And I figured id scrape out the back corners where some sand and detritus settled out and was forming a crust.

Well I needed the bucket head to vaccum out the heavier stuff after scraping. Dumb idea.... created a siphon with the bucket head and pulled about 5g of water out of the tank onto the carpet and all over myself, and chair I was using as a stool. Almost poured strait into my apex since the cabinet door was open.

Anyway, could have been worse I suppose. Im sure Ill wake up to something dead tomorrow as a result. Shoulda taken the nap instead.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just harvested your cheato for the first time, reactor was completely packed.... Noticed that where the lights are actually burned the cheato. Noticed the brown stripes yesterday but didn't have the time to harvest. Glad I pulled it today. Threw the excess in the 40B for now to try and maybe get some of the pods off before I toss it.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just harvested your cheato for the first time, reactor was completely packed.... Noticed that where the lights are actually burned the cheato. Noticed the brown stripes yesterday but didn't have the time to harvest. Glad I pulled it today. Threw the excess in the 40B for now to try and maybe get some of the pods off before I toss it.
Nice! Yeah, it did that to me too. Eventually you’ll probably see some corailne build up and need to soak/scrub the reactor. Has it dented the nitrates at all?

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet :(

I've got some new sulfur coming in at my LFS and will be turning the denitrator back on. I am losing all my SPS....

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now sure how these will look posted here but some kinda decent shots if my Blue Throat Fairy displaying. He’s usually going mach 3 across the tank while flaring his fins so kind of impossible to catch with a phone camera. Will definitely look better on a phone than PC.

1CC4266C-9A60-4409-91E1-ADE73774AFBE.jpeg D8768A43-0888-403C-A0CA-0D527DD71998.jpeg 9090D2B4-159B-4A5A-961C-532E3EDC9FD8.jpeg 4E996520-F3A7-4C1D-9B1F-C398D8D319E5.jpeg 5D76C9A0-BF5C-4B11-8072-EF29ED5E8068.png

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the photography forum. But this months should already be gone as of Thurs. until they decide on finalists.
I did that....Found everything but what I was looking for. Then searched and still found nothing. Should be as simple as POTM but its not. Searched for threads opened by dbl and still not this months. It seems to happen all the time specifically with POTM.

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that....Found everything but what I was looking for. Then searched and still found nothing. Should be as simple as POTM but its not. Searched for threads opened by dbl and still not this months. It seems to happen all the time specifically with POTM.
They pull the thread after the end date and don't put it back up until they decide on the finalists and put up a vote thread. After that they open the old thread back up ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever do something so stupid you just want to bang your head against a wall til you bleed?

Decided Id do another 20g water change this evening since I wont be around for the next few weekends. And I figured id scrape out the back corners where some sand and detritus settled out and was forming a crust.

Well I needed the bucket head to vaccum out the heavier stuff after scraping. Dumb idea.... created a siphon with the bucket head and pulled about 5g of water out of the tank onto the carpet and all over myself, and chair I was using as a stool. Almost poured strait into my apex since the cabinet door was open.

Anyway, could have been worse I suppose. Im sure Ill wake up to something dead tomorrow as a result. Shoulda taken the nap instead.

This is why husbandry should be done sober. I have been there many times Cory, at least u didnt let floating frags block your overflow and not realize it until the sound of water hitting your carpet and couch makes it to your incoherant brain via the ear canal.

Cheers ;)

Not yet :(

I've got some new sulfur coming in at my LFS and will be turning the denitrator back on. I am losing all my SPS....

Oh no dude... how bout I drive up and bring u the nudi's this weekend and I'll take all ur sps for u? Idk, just offering, that's awful bro.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They pull the thread after the end date and don't put it back up until they decide on the finalists and put up a vote thread. After that they open the old thread back up ;)
Well that I I can understand but Ive run into this before too with POTM when it wasn’t past deadline. I only ever find the current one when i happen to catch it on the front page. There has to be a better way! Not that I‘LL ever win but I like picture books :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that I I can understand but Ive run into this before too with POTM when it wasn’t past deadline. I only ever find the current one when i happen to catch it on the front page. There has to be a better way! Not that I‘LL ever win but I like picture books :)
Confusing also it is not in the Contest and Giveaway forum. One idea, you can follow a forum just like a thread and you will get alerts for new threads started in it. I do this for a few subject forums.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back