OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infinity Wars was the first Marvel movie I saw. I had to go back then and watch Ragnarok and some of the others. Endgame was the first movie I saw in a theater in years. Those three movies alone are as good if not better than any trilogy out there. I was absolutely surprised and impressed.
I would agree, definitely better than the last few Star Wars entries. I’m looking forward to the Avatar sequels from here.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree, definitely better than the last few Star Wars entries. I’m looking forward to the Avatar sequels from here.

Cannot wait for avatar 2.

I wanna go see the avatar expo at universal. Heard its unreal.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late..... it's gone :(
Its all good. Too many balls in the air the past couple weeks. A new skimmer is a desire but very low on the pole at the moment.

Compared to normal, you're a little MIA lately. Hope all is well and you've fully recovered from your hangover by now.
Mostly recovered. The forum and the phone took a backseat to the beach, boats and booze of late. Home sweet home now though and the recovery has begun.

Tanks fared very well while I was gone :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all good. Too many balls in the air the past couple weeks. A new skimmer is a desire but very low on the pole at the moment.

Mostly recovered. The forum and the phone took a backseat to the beach, boats and booze of late. Home sweet home now though and the recovery has begun.

Tanks fared very well while I was gone :)

Saw the trip pics. Got a kick out of your nephew behind the wheel... all business!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the trip pics. Got a kick out of your nephew behind the wheel... all business!
He’s quite the little outdoorsman. Jr member of the local fish and game club. Hasn't driven a car yet but handles a boat better than I do and is crack shot with a rifle.

We got skunked on our last fishing trip so I was glad we got onto something for him. Pulled in a dozen or so fish a piece so he was thrilled.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s quite the little outdoorsman. Jr member of the local fish and game club. Hasn't driven a car yet but handles a boat better than I do and is crack shot with a rifle.

We got skunked on our last fishing trip so I was glad we got onto something for him. Pulled in a dozen or so fish a piece so he was thrilled.
He did crack a smile or fifty :)

F19D80F7-951A-4ADB-9025-9751E3951A91.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks...: Big decisions to be made this week. Since I have an extra pay check this month we get to splurge a little on the tank.
Need some help deciding which way to go.

Keep in mind my parameters have been more or less rock solid over the past couple of months. There are 3-5 more fish Id like to add and most are currently available from LA/DD.

I also want to upgrade my skimmer as this Nyos 120 is a tad undersized but working well with my current stock. Im looking at either a Deltec 1000i or the Nyos 160. Ive been super happy with my current Nyos but reviews and Deltec in general has always intrigued me.

Lastly I want to get rid of the Neptune WAV’s and go with MP-40’s. Again the WAV’s are serving me well but I love my MP-10 and want the lower profile/no wires in tank look.

1st world problems I know but this is my hobby and Im a full on fish, coral and gear junkie!!

Where would yall start?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer all the way imo.

The nyos is sessy. And every single thing in the tank will benefit from it.

You could always buy my coral on Saturday. Haha
Kinda the way I’m leaning but the MP-40’s are on sale at the moment too which is a rare event. I know I’ll recoup some money after selling off my old power heads and skimmer that I can then roll into the final fish load.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks...: Big decisions to be made this week. Since I have an extra pay check this month we get to splurge a little on the tank.
Need some help deciding which way to go.

Keep in mind my parameters have been more or less rock solid over the past couple of months. There are 3-5 more fish Id like to add and most are currently available from LA/DD.

I also want to upgrade my skimmer as this Nyos 120 is a tad undersized but working well with my current stock. Im looking at either a Deltec 1000i or the Nyos 160. Ive been super happy with my current Nyos but reviews and Deltec in general has always intrigued me.

Lastly I want to get rid of the Neptune WAV’s and go with MP-40’s. Again the WAV’s are serving me well but I love my MP-10 and want the lower profile/no wires in tank look.

1st world problems I know but this is my hobby and Im a full on fish, coral and gear junkie!!

Where would yall start?

3-5 more fish sounds intriguing!

I think it might be a bit of a coin toss between the Deltec and Nyos. I, perosnally, would lean toward the Deltec. Since they make both models, will you be going AC or DC on the Deltec?

No other options, other than Ecotech, if you're going for the "no wires in tank" look. I'm not such a big fan of Ecotech but can understand why some people really like their products.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back