Scurvy’s Mad Wrasse 110

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed you bud! Ive been told there is no help for what Ive got.... I should probably seek a 5th and 6th opinion though :)

Do you "got a fevah"?

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fever you say?
6A26D1EA-3A7F-4AD9-96F8-BBCB12B9E0C3.gif

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday Morning Test Results.

Dkh: 7.8
Calcium: 450
Mag: 1500
PO4: .18
NO3: 5

PO4 slowing coming back down with gfo. No additional losses after that one zoa frag Which is good. This stuff still scares the bojangles outa me and hopefully i can cut it out entirely here soon.

Nitrate level has been a rock solid 5 for as long as I can remembe... I guess I have the right balance of rock/bio media for this system and my overfeeding habits. It really never budges.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that feeling when the no3 is just balanced. Knowing water changes for nutrient export is no longer required is a beautiful thing.

Are u testing the po4 throughout the week to keep a closer eye on it imparticular?

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are u testing the po4 throughout the week to keep a closer eye on it imparticular?

yes, Ive been testing it at least twice sometimes three times a week lately to make sure it isn't going down too fast or headed the wrong way.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 Here's what I do that stopped me from wasting Hanna PO4 reagents.

1st get water sample into vial.
2nd cut foil reagent pack open and form V on one of the corners of the open sides to make it easy to pour out.
3rd start Hanna checker and then insert vial.

Once it shows C2, I open the vial and pour in the reagent. Start a 2 min timer and then shake the vial back and forth for the full 2 min or close to it. Place the vial into the checker and hold the button for the 3 minute timer to start.

Ever since I started doing it this way, I never go over the 3 minute shut down of the checker.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow the same procedure except I don’t set a timer for the two minutes anymore. Muscle memory has mostly taken over. Every once and a while I don't hold the button down long enough for the 3 min timer to start but thats just it.

Now I can usually test Alk and start the NO3 while the 3 minute timer runs. Ive got these 3 down to about six minutes.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 Here's what I do that stopped me from wasting Hanna PO4 reagents.

1st get water sample into vial.
2nd cut foil reagent pack open and form V on one of the corners of the open sides to make it easy to pour out.
3rd start Hanna checker and then insert vial.

Once it shows C2, I open the vial and pour in the reagent. Start a 2 min timer and then shake the vial back and forth for the full 2 min or close to it. Place the vial into the checker and hold the button for the 3 minute timer to start.

Ever since I started doing it this way, I never go over the 3 minute shut down of the checker.
I always get distracted, I fill a vile as a standard for all my tests and can rerun the test to double check results. I think my record is a 5 retries on po4.....Oh look a Squirrel

Back