Sea horse help!!! Fuge??

Lucasuka5006011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I’m setting up a seahorse tank but don’t have space in my sump for a fuge? Is there any alternatives ? Do I really need a fuge? Is there any other way to colonize pods with out it that’s sufficient for the sea horses ?

OP
OP
L

Lucasuka5006011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tank cycling now so still nothing inside the tank yet , I was thinking of getting one of these to help keep the tank clean and so I can make sure they’re eating

3BAA1C34-A333-4F9A-810E-6CCC68E8ABEB.png

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeding tray for my seahorses. They don't always use them. And you have to clean it after or else it will smell. (If feed tray has tube)

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean by a tube ?
some of the trays have a clear 1” tube so frozen food falls into it from the top
..If you get your ponies from a reputable source like Alyssa or Dan they will be trained already...
...you. might want to consider softies, duncan’s, sun corals: Seahorses are messy eaters: particles fly everywhere

OP
OP
L

Lucasuka5006011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of the trays have a clear 1” tube so frozen food falls into it from the top
..If you get your ponies from a reputable source like Alyssa or Dan they will be trained already...
...you. might want to consider softies, duncan’s, sun corals: Seahorses are messy eaters: particles fly everywhere
Yeah I’m definitely looking into what coral I can do for the tank , also what kind of cleanup crew I can do

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with total basic and haven't had a problem. Knock on wood. I clean the food every night that is on the sand and I do 10-20% water changes every week. But mine are still small

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back