Sea Lettuce Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Trigger Emeral 34 Sump with the refugium in the middle chamber. From there water flows through teeth along the top into the return section. I purchased some sea lettuce as my chaeto just won’t grow. I thought the lettuce would be bigger plants but it’s just peices of leaves. They all quickly were sucked into the teeth blocking all the water flow into the return section. Had to take out the lettuce. Any ideas for this type of sump with strong flow across the top?

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate .04-.06 and nitrate 10. Using both Kessil H80 and H160 right now. Getting par at the top of 250 and bottom at 170. Does not die but also does not grow. Wouldn’t care so much about my nutrient levels but I have to clean the glass more than everyday with a large UV unit and hair algae starting to grow in sump more than chaeto. Heard sea lettuce grows better, just to small of peices to dump in my refugium.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Trigger Emeral 34 Sump with the refugium in the middle chamber. From there water flows through teeth along the top into the return section. I purchased some sea lettuce as my chaeto just won’t grow. I thought the lettuce would be bigger plants but it’s just peices of leaves. They all quickly were sucked into the teeth blocking all the water flow into the return section. Had to take out the lettuce. Any ideas for this type of sump with strong flow across the top?

Hey Rob,

We tend to recommend a piece of egg crate until the lettuce gets bigger(it can take a week or two), but it grows super rapidly. I've sent you a DM as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back