Sea Lettuce May Have Been My Savior!

Sundanzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me your order number and we will get you some reshipped in big big big sheets
I just bought Ulva ❤and Chaeto from Algae barn, the Ulva is thriving and keeping my pods (also from algae barn) happy. But the chaeto is sad. Turning grey and disintegrating. Have had it less than 2 weeks.
20190925_180030.jpg
20191005_113019.jpg

I removed the chaeto today and put it in a at tank because it was making a mess.
20191005_113756.jpg

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convinced some systems are not meant to grow Macro’s. I tried everything and even spent the $300 on the H380. Finally just gave up a couple weeks ago and converted to Zeovit. I’m done trying to grow Macro.
It does not take a over priced $300 light to grow macro algae’s. A simple $25.00 blue and red LED grow light works great, probably better as the light is spread out more.
What are your nitrate phosphate and iron levels? Dosing iron my be all you need to do to solve your problem. It does not take much iron. Many companies sell iron supplements.

wolfthefallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very similar problem with chaeto, it just kept turning white and dying out.. I figure this is primarly due to low flow in that chamber as it is an overflow into the pump section for return. I got sea lettuce and now It is nutz grows like a weed. Sea lettuce is truly under rated! My only complaint is with my setup is it will start to block the over flow slowly letting less water over the "dam" wall. If you have an ATO you will slowly start seeing you salinity drop. So keep an eye on it when you first it going and adjust the overflow as needed.. Once it starts to float and fills up the chamber then it is easy harvesting.. Just do it from the far side away from the overflow wall, and leave the overflow wall part alone so it keeps the same water rate from then on.

1601067858878.png

1601067887375.png

AsraeaMitsane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me your order number and we will get you some reshipped in big big big sheets
I would like to try this as well, but would also need larger sheets so they don't just slip right into my pump return chamber. Can I request this when I order somehow? That would be awesome :D

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to try this as well, but would also need larger sheets so they don't just slip right into my pump return chamber. Can I request this when I order somehow? That would be awesome :D
Hi there! Please put it in the order notes as well as DM us your order number right after you place it and we can make that happen for you :)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back