Sea Lettuce

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is a species of Ulva, but just want some confirmation. Nothing in my tank including my tang are interested in eating it.

9A74E3BE-2C0C-4FAD-88A3-609C2E2CDDB8.jpeg

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is a species of Ulva, but just want some confirmation. Nothing in my tank including my tang are interested in eating it.

9A74E3BE-2C0C-4FAD-88A3-609C2E2CDDB8.jpeg
I haven't had anyone try to eat mine either. I did scrape some off and toss into my fuge though. Worst case it's an easy algae to remove.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our blue tangs and yellow tangs nibble at Ulva/ Sea Lettuce. They do like the stringy sea lettuce (entromorpha) more, and they seem to like the red ogo as well. I'm kind of surprised that your tangs won't eat it. They tend to like stuff stuck to the rock more than the big sheets.

OP
OP
ccurnick

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our blue tangs and yellow tangs nibble at Ulva/ Sea Lettuce. They do like the stringy sea lettuce (entromorpha) more, and they seem to like the red ogo as well. I'm kind of surprised that your tangs won't eat it. They tend to like stuff stuck to the rock more than the big sheets.

I had to strap nori to a rock to get my tomini tang to eat it at first, but he’s uninterested in this stuff. I’m holding off on nori for a few days to see if he will go for it in addition to the other algae on my rocks like he normally does. I’ll probably take this chunk of Ulva and throw it in my sump.

Side note, it’s growing on some of my snails and is hilarious to see them go through the tank with a big huge wig on.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too blury to tell what it is. If its lettace, make a salad.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back