Sea Spiders!

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just moved in to the new house and finally got all of our tanks moved over. I'd love to find a specific ID for this little guy here. He's strong enough to drag a frag plug around, even though he's barely the size of a dime if he stretched his legs out entirely. Has he been munching on the pods in the tank to get this large or does he eat corals? We haven't added anything since December, and all corals are dipped. We only saw the one, what are the odds of an infestation? I've seen a couple vague posts about these guys here before, but I'd love to be sent a link if there's an in-depth post I missed! As always, should I keep him? Burn him? Doesn't matter either way? Thanks for helping!

20210624_213008.jpg

Attachments

• 20210624_212925.mp4
    40.4 MB

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we got the corals, we dipped in Revive and CoralRX; half an hour each. What else should we use/how much longer should we dip?
Wow, half an hour? That's seems excessive. Do you do the full dosage per instructions or only half or a third? I use CoralRx and I'm pretty sure the instructions are 5-10 minutes total at their recommended dosage.

I just checked and CoralRx is supposed to handle zoanthid-eating-spiders, too.

Back