Sea sweeps and tunze - out of business?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the sea swirl/sweeps are no longer available? Just checked their main page out of curiosity, thinking I might want to use 2 of them in my new build with tunze pumps, and there is a message that says no further wholesale or retail orders until further notice. These looked like really promising equipment.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does say "until further notice", so that's promising.
Could be a supply/parts issue.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find them if you are patient and look around. They are kinda like tunze pumps, a bit, where people that have them rarely let them go because they are so good. You have to look often an jump when you see them.

There are 4 brand new sea swirls on eBay right now, but they don't appear to have the tunze holder, but perhaps the company has some of those that you can buy. Might be worth an email or call. I know that people have fabricated their own pump holders for pumps other than Tunzes.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just contacted them the other day regarding my seasweeps and swapping out powerheads, and they quickly replied, so I'm thinking it's a supply issue.

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze a gr8 product but not available here. So I have made an easiest DIY Sea Sweep. No Wiring No Complexity Involved.

1x.jpg

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish other pump companies would make something like this. I have been waiting for a sea sweep as well.
Owner emailed me and said 4 to 6 weeks he will be able to start taking orders again. I am guessing supply chain issues

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats been the time frame for a while now so not sure if it'll hold true. Overall Ed has been awesome with communication though.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Eddie, the owner/maker, back in March and he said he would be out of the shop for one or two months due to doctor's orders. He said he would email me back when he'd be in business again. Must have forgot so I emailed him last night. Fingers crossed!!

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I emailed Eddie, the owner/maker, back in March and he said he would be out of the shop for one or two months due to doctor's orders. He said he would email me back when he'd be in business again. Must have forgot so I emailed him last night. Fingers crossed!!
Any word on when they are reopening?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard back from Eddie and he is back open and doing business again. I ordered a Sea/Sweep but they are about twice as expensive as they were before he went on medical leave. I guess he has medical bills to pay for.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my seaswirls off ebay long time ago. They came new from the manufacturer.
Hths you. Spending the $800 on eBay ad was a little bit sketch but they arrived and in a timely manner.
D

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back