Sea Urchin ID needed?

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a short video on this hitchhiker, is he had? Can he stay or do I need to get him out? He is tiny and hides in a rock cave and only comes out sometimes.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Pencil Urchin. I have a couple of them. Careful they will eat your coralline algae.
Thanks he is tiny small and I guess kinda cool for now.
+1 it looks like a pencil urchin to me as well. I have one in my reef tank and they are a great addition to a clean up crew!
I like your response and feel at ease he not a bad guy say like dinoflagellates which I am fighting in my other two systems.

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks he is tiny small and I guess kinda cool for now.

I like your response and feel at ease he not a bad guy say like dinoflagellates which I am fighting in my other two systems.
They are for sure not reef safe. Had one plow over some shrooms. They will eat anything in their path.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are for sure not reef safe. Had one plow over some shrooms. They will eat anything in their path.
He is tiny but he is eating my purple coraline algae as that is what they do. I am just not the ocean with tons to spare, so I am going to see if I can take him to the LFS and give him away for free.

Back